Infra Red not working

I have a Compaq Evo N800v Laptop running
Windows XP Pro
I have just done a repair install and everything is working well except that
my Infra Red is not working.
When I try to connect through IR my Laptop does not see the other device.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the IR through the Hardware Manager but
that did not help
I think I need to turn on IR but there is no IR entry in control panel.

all advice appreciated.

thanks

Daniel

peter

Hi,

You should enable IR in the mobo BIOS settings.
Also download and install the IR drivers from Compaq website.

Peter