K8V SE Deluxe BIOS Update

For info:
New BIOS on the German ASUS Site ftp://ftp.asuscom.de

I'm not sure what it fixes... A few of the default settings look a little
different though. And new graphics on the boot screen to make a change ;-)
I'd be interested to hear what other people think.
No problems evident with it here, anyway.

- Steve

If it's the same for the K8V Deluxe, then the only documented differences
between 1006 and 1007 is that they added support for the faster CPUs, at
least according to the support area on the ASUS website.

Craig

"Steve Birch" <steve@backstreet.***no spam thanks***demon.co.uk> wrote in
message news:c8or50$j84$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk...
> For info:
> New BIOS on the German ASUS Site ftp://ftp.asuscom.de
>
> I'm not sure what it fixes... A few of the default settings look a little
> different though. And new graphics on the boot screen to make a change ;-)
> I'd be interested to hear what other people think.
> No problems evident with it here, anyway.
>
> - Steve

---

Mike

Splendid

On Sun, 23 May 2004 01:27:07 +0100, "Steve Birch" <steve@backstreet.***no spam
thanks***demon.co.uk> wrote:

>For info:
>New BIOS on the German ASUS Site ftp://ftp.asuscom.de
>
>I'm not sure what it fixes... A few of the default settings look a little
>different though. And new graphics on the boot screen to make a change ;-)
>I'd be interested to hear what other people think.
>No problems evident with it here, anyway.
>
>- Steve

Its been on that site for 2 or 3 weeks Steve. The Url was posted in the
Amdforums.
I have been using it with no noticeable problems at all, I notice they added
extra options for removable flash cards etc, but do not know what main
differences are. If any! Strangely... I notice that the version number remains
the same when you look at the bios info.

BTW.... in the event that your system wont boot after flashing with these
boards, just remove the cmos jumper for a few seconds. Its happened to me twice
after flashing.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,
I'm talking about version 1003 (final) for the SE Deluxe board, which was
posted only on 21st May!
I think you might be referring to a different one ?
It is rather confusing having 3 different versions of almost the same board!
This latest BIOS apparently provides support for newer processors.
I also noticed that one or two of the default BIOS settings seemed to be
different, for example the USB now default to the higher speed setting,
which is actually sensible.
I have a feeling that my processor just might be running a little cooler
too, but perhaps that's my imagination ?

Regards,
- Steve

"Mike" <dy73ui39aHe5@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 May 2004 01:27:07 +0100, "Steve Birch" <steve@backstreet.***no
spam
> thanks***demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >For info:
> >New BIOS on the German ASUS Site ftp://ftp.asuscom.de
> >
> >I'm not sure what it fixes... A few of the default settings look a little
> >different though. And new graphics on the boot screen to make a change
;-)
> >I'd be interested to hear what other people think.
> >No problems evident with it here, anyway.
> >
> >- Steve
> >

> Its been on that site for 2 or 3 weeks Steve. The Url was posted in the
> Amdforums.
> I have been using it with no noticeable problems at all, I notice they
added
> extra options for removable flash cards etc, but do not know what main
> differences are. If any! Strangely... I notice that the version number
remains
> the same when you look at the bios info.
>
> BTW.... in the event that your system wont boot after flashing with these
> boards, just remove the cmos jumper for a few seconds. Its happened to me
twice
> after flashing.
>
> Regards
>
> Mike

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Steve Birch wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> I'm talking about version 1003 (final) for the SE Deluxe board, which was
> posted only on 21st May!
> I think you might be referring to a different one ?
> It is rather confusing having 3 different versions of almost the same board!
> This latest BIOS apparently provides support for newer processors.
> I also noticed that one or two of the default BIOS settings seemed to be
> different, for example the USB now default to the higher speed setting,
> which is actually sensible.
> I have a feeling that my processor just might be running a little cooler
> too, but perhaps that's my imagination ?
>
> Regards,
> - Steve

Hi,

on my K8V SE DX (and some others one) I noticed an error in the VPD
content of the network chipset... (at least for the first revision of BIOS).

Could you check if Asus has corrected the problem ? to do so, simply use
the DOS tools provide on the CD (named yukondg).
If you have the same error you will be unable to access informations in
the VPD through this tool, you will have something like 'incorrect data
or VPD checksum error'.

I wrote to Asus (Asia and France), but still have no reply from them...
Asus support is so bad that I will never buy another mobo from them !

If you don't have the error I will probably flash mine, unless no.

Regards,

Marc.

--
L'I2C sous Windows
http://perso.club-internet.fr/mbouget/index.html

ATTENTION : enlevez les X pour répondre (remove all X to reply)

Hello Marc,
Sounds silly - but I do not have a DOS disk to try this with at the
moment... I will get one soon and report back to you.
- Steve

On Mon, 24 May 2004 19:14:20 +0100, "Steve Birch" <steve@backstreet.***no spam
thanks***demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi Mike,
>I'm talking about version 1003 (final) for the SE Deluxe board, which was
>posted only on 21st May!
>I think you might be referring to a different one ?
>It is rather confusing having 3 different versions of almost the same board!
>This latest BIOS apparently provides support for newer processors.
>I also noticed that one or two of the default BIOS settings seemed to be
>different, for example the USB now default to the higher speed setting,
>which is actually sensible.
>I have a feeling that my processor just might be running a little cooler
>too, but perhaps that's my imagination ?
>
>Regards,
>- Steve

Ah.. yes I was referring to v1002, I wasn't aware they had released a later one.

Off to check it now!

AFA the cpu temps go, I must admit I've found the 64bit cpu's run very cool,
with the stock Amd fan/heatsink mine rarely goes above 34c even on farcry it
only runs up to around 36/37c. Just wish it was possible to lock the agp bus,
as there seems to be loads of OC potential on these cpu's, I run at 215fbs,
anymore and my 9800 pro doesn't like it, but even with this slight OCing the cpu
runs nicely with just 1.4v on the vcore. (not tried it any lower)

Cheers matey.

Mike