K8V SE Deluxe BIOS Update

For info:
New BIOS on the German ASUS Site ftp://ftp.asuscom.de

I'm not sure what it fixes... A few of the default settings look a little
different though. And new graphics on the boot screen to make a change ;-)
I'd be interested to hear what other people think.
No problems evident with it here, anyway.

- Steve
6 answers Last reply
More about deluxe bios update

    If it's the same for the K8V Deluxe, then the only documented differences
    between 1006 and 1007 is that they added support for the faster CPUs, at
    least according to the support area on the ASUS website.

    Craig

    "Steve Birch" <steve@backstreet.***no spam thanks***demon.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:c8or50$j84$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk...
    > For info:
    > New BIOS on the German ASUS Site ftp://ftp.asuscom.de
    >
    > I'm not sure what it fixes... A few of the default settings look a little
    > different though. And new graphics on the boot screen to make a change ;-)
    > I'd be interested to hear what other people think.
    > No problems evident with it here, anyway.
    >
    > - Steve

    ---

    On Sun, 23 May 2004 01:27:07 +0100, "Steve Birch" <steve@backstreet.***no spam
    thanks***demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >For info:
    >New BIOS on the German ASUS Site ftp://ftp.asuscom.de
    >
    >I'm not sure what it fixes... A few of the default settings look a little
    >different though. And new graphics on the boot screen to make a change ;-)
    >I'd be interested to hear what other people think.
    >No problems evident with it here, anyway.
    >
    >- Steve

    Its been on that site for 2 or 3 weeks Steve. The Url was posted in the
    Amdforums.
    I have been using it with no noticeable problems at all, I notice they added
    extra options for removable flash cards etc, but do not know what main
    differences are. If any! Strangely... I notice that the version number remains
    the same when you look at the bios info.

    BTW.... in the event that your system wont boot after flashing with these
    boards, just remove the cmos jumper for a few seconds. Its happened to me twice
    after flashing.

    Regards

    Mike

    Hi Mike,
    I'm talking about version 1003 (final) for the SE Deluxe board, which was
    posted only on 21st May!
    I think you might be referring to a different one ?
    It is rather confusing having 3 different versions of almost the same board!
    This latest BIOS apparently provides support for newer processors.
    I also noticed that one or two of the default BIOS settings seemed to be
    different, for example the USB now default to the higher speed setting,
    which is actually sensible.
    I have a feeling that my processor just might be running a little cooler
    too, but perhaps that's my imagination ?

    Regards,
    - Steve

    Steve Birch wrote:
    > Hi Mike,
    > I'm talking about version 1003 (final) for the SE Deluxe board, which was
    > posted only on 21st May!
    > I think you might be referring to a different one ?
    > It is rather confusing having 3 different versions of almost the same board!
    > This latest BIOS apparently provides support for newer processors.
    > I also noticed that one or two of the default BIOS settings seemed to be
    > different, for example the USB now default to the higher speed setting,
    > which is actually sensible.
    > I have a feeling that my processor just might be running a little cooler
    > too, but perhaps that's my imagination ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > - Steve

    Hi,

    on my K8V SE DX (and some others one) I noticed an error in the VPD
    content of the network chipset... (at least for the first revision of BIOS).

    Could you check if Asus has corrected the problem ? to do so, simply use
    the DOS tools provide on the CD (named yukondg).
    If you have the same error you will be unable to access informations in
    the VPD through this tool, you will have something like 'incorrect data
    or VPD checksum error'.

    I wrote to Asus (Asia and France), but still have no reply from them...
    Asus support is so bad that I will never buy another mobo from them !

    If you don't have the error I will probably flash mine, unless no.

    Regards,

    Marc.

    --
    L'I2C sous Windows
    http://perso.club-internet.fr/mbouget/index.html

    ATTENTION : enlevez les X pour répondre (remove all X to reply)

    Hello Marc,
    Sounds silly - but I do not have a DOS disk to try this with at the
    moment... I will get one soon and report back to you.
    - Steve

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 19:14:20 +0100, "Steve Birch" <steve@backstreet.***no spam
    thanks***demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >Hi Mike,
    >I'm talking about version 1003 (final) for the SE Deluxe board, which was
    >posted only on 21st May!
    >I think you might be referring to a different one ?
    >It is rather confusing having 3 different versions of almost the same board!
    >This latest BIOS apparently provides support for newer processors.
    >I also noticed that one or two of the default BIOS settings seemed to be
    >different, for example the USB now default to the higher speed setting,
    >which is actually sensible.
    >I have a feeling that my processor just might be running a little cooler
    >too, but perhaps that's my imagination ?
    >
    >Regards,
    >- Steve

    Ah.. yes I was referring to v1002, I wasn't aware they had released a later one.

    Off to check it now!

    AFA the cpu temps go, I must admit I've found the 64bit cpu's run very cool,
    with the stock Amd fan/heatsink mine rarely goes above 34c even on farcry it
    only runs up to around 36/37c. Just wish it was possible to lock the agp bus,
    as there seems to be loads of OC potential on these cpu's, I run at 215fbs,
    anymore and my 9800 pro doesn't like it, but even with this slight OCing the cpu
    runs nicely with just 1.4v on the vcore. (not tried it any lower)

    Cheers matey.

    Mike

Asus BIOS FTP Motherboards