i'm reinstalling windows because virus and after that i can't see my cd, in dos works but in windows not exist, i try to download driver for it but, it same, did anybody know how i to fix it or must clear all windows and reinstall again and again...

peter

Hi,

If your PC have been infected by virus and you cannot clean it, you better format the harddisk and clean install XP again.
Backup important data files first.
Or you can go to symantec.com to perform an on-line virus check and security check. If the PC is clean, go to device manager to disable the restore feature on all harddisk. Reboot and then enable the restore feature again. This action would clear all the old restore files which may be infected by virus.
Then, boot from the XP CD to perform a repair installation of XP.
Remember to backup all important date files first for just in case.

However, I prefer to clean install XP as it will clear all the rubbish registries.

Peter