hard drive problem P4S800-E-Delux

HI to all,
I have trouble with the bios recognising my second hard drive (slave) on IDE
channel 1,
It has been working fine for weeks and has just gone down,
When I power on you can here the Maxtor 120g hard drive fire up but windows
nor the bios will recognise it, If I plug it into the master end of the
cable it is recognised, Any suggestion, please keep it simple as I am a
newbie

--

Bluemink179
1 answer Last reply

    wrong jumper position
    it's set on master.
    set it to slave

    "bl;uemink179" <bluemink179@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > HI to all,
    > I have trouble with the bios recognising my second hard drive (slave) on
    IDE
    > channel 1,
    > It has been working fine for weeks and has just gone down,
    > When I power on you can here the Maxtor 120g hard drive fire up but
    windows
    > nor the bios will recognise it, If I plug it into the master end of the
    > cable it is recognised, Any suggestion, please keep it simple as I am a
    > newbie
    >
    > --
    >
    > Bluemink179

Asus BIOS Hard Drives Motherboards