hard drive problem P4S800-E-Delux

HI to all,
I have trouble with the bios recognising my second hard drive (slave) on IDE
channel 1,
It has been working fine for weeks and has just gone down,
When I power on you can here the Maxtor 120g hard drive fire up but windows
nor the bios will recognise it, If I plug it into the master end of the
cable it is recognised, Any suggestion, please keep it simple as I am a
newbie

--

Bluemink179

wrong jumper position