gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have an ATX mother board which was upgraded from Windows
2000 to Windows XP. With Windows 2K whenever I went to
Start, shutdown the PC would power itself off but after
installing Windows XP when I go to start, shutdown I get
the message "It's safe to power off your PC". What do I
need to do to get it to power off by itself?

Thanks

Zion

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Go to control panel - power options-advance.And configure the system to shutdown when you press the power button.It could as well be that your bios is not ACPI- compatable.