P4C800E-D, Audigy 2ZS, Local Area Connection Status, problem

Hi there,

Not sure if this issue is connected to the Audigy but since doing a format
and clean install of XP and then installing the Audigy there seems to be a
problem with the Local Area Connection Status icon not appearing in the task
bar unless I go into Control Panel and double clicking on Network
Connections then the icon appears.

Anyone else experienced this problem or know of a possible solution?

Secondly I have the Audigy in PCI 4 is that the right slot or should it be
in slot 3?

P4 3.2 800fsb
1 gig Corsair 3200 RAM
3 x SATA drives in now raid configuration
Connect ATI AIW 9800 pro latest drivers
Intel modem slot 5
Slots 3,2,1 empty

Many thanks for any help or pointers, Tim.
2 answers Last reply
More about p4c800e audigy local area connection status problem

    "Tim" <erat@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Not sure if this issue is connected to the Audigy but since doing a format
    > and clean install of XP and then installing the Audigy there seems to be a
    > problem with the Local Area Connection Status icon not appearing in the
    task
    > bar unless I go into Control Panel and double clicking on Network
    > Connections then the icon appears.
    >
    > Anyone else experienced this problem or know of a possible solution?
    >
    > Secondly I have the Audigy in PCI 4 is that the right slot or should it be
    > in slot 3?
    >
    > P4 3.2 800fsb
    > 1 gig Corsair 3200 RAM
    > 3 x SATA drives in now raid configuration
    > Connect ATI AIW 9800 pro latest drivers
    > Intel modem slot 5
    > Slots 3,2,1 empty
    >
    > Many thanks for any help or pointers, Tim.

    I run a P4C800E-D with a 2.8 with an audigy2 zs not sure what slot it's in
    and my Local Area Connection icon never shows in the task bar.
    As a matter of fact in all 4 of the varied systems I am running it doesn't
    show unless the Cat5 cable isn't connected or my router is down. It seems to
    be normal.
    Systems include the above mentioned a P4 2.6 in an Asus P4R800-VM, a Barton
    2500 in a Asus A7N8X Deluxe and my Compaq laptop they all work and connect
    fine so I am assuming it's all okay.

    Hi there,

    The probable reason it doesn't show in your systems is because you have to
    go into Control Panel/Network Connections double click on your LAN
    connection and click on Properties and then add a tick in 'Show icon in
    notification area when connected'.

    If it isn't ticked then it will only show when your connection is down or
    the CAT cable is disconnected.

    Thanks for your help, Tim.

    "mrgreg" <mrgreg62@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Tim" <erat@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > Not sure if this issue is connected to the Audigy but since doing a
    format
    > > and clean install of XP and then installing the Audigy there seems to be
    > > problem with the Local Area Connection Status icon not appearing in the
    > task
    > > bar unless I go into Control Panel and double clicking on Network
    > > Connections then the icon appears.
    > >
    > > Anyone else experienced this problem or know of a possible solution?
    > >
    > > Secondly I have the Audigy in PCI 4 is that the right slot or should it
    be
    > > in slot 3?
    > >
    > > P4 3.2 800fsb
    > > 1 gig Corsair 3200 RAM
    > > 3 x SATA drives in now raid configuration
    > > Connect ATI AIW 9800 pro latest drivers
    > > Intel modem slot 5
    > > Slots 3,2,1 empty
    > >
    > > Many thanks for any help or pointers, Tim.
    > >

    > I run a P4C800E-D with a 2.8 with an audigy2 zs not sure what slot it's in
    > and my Local Area Connection icon never shows in the task bar.
    > As a matter of fact in all 4 of the varied systems I am running it doesn't
    > show unless the Cat5 cable isn't connected or my router is down. It seems
    > be normal.
    > Systems include the above mentioned a P4 2.6 in an Asus P4R800-VM, a
    Barton
    > 2500 in a Asus A7N8X Deluxe and my Compaq laptop they all work and
    connect
    > fine so I am assuming it's all okay.

Asus Connection Motherboards