Bobby

I am working on a computer with XP and the mouse will not
work. I have used the same mouse on the same computer
before, but it will not work now. I connected it to
another computer and everything is fine. In Device Mgr,
it says this device is working properly. I have tried to
update drivers, but it says it could not find a better
driver than the one installed. I have even tried to
remove the mouse and reboot to see if that helped, but
nothing. This is making working on the computer very
abnoxious trying to navigate with my keyboard. I have
scanned the PC with current virus id's and there are no
viruses. I know there is some adware that I am trying to
remove for this person, but I get nothing out of the
mouse. Can anyone help me figure this out or point me in
the right direction? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Bobby wrote:
> I am working on a computer with XP and the mouse will not
> work. I have used the same mouse on the same computer
> before, but it will not work now. I connected it to
> another computer and everything is fine. In Device Mgr,
> it says this device is working properly. I have tried to
> update drivers, but it says it could not find a better
> driver than the one installed. I have even tried to
> remove the mouse and reboot to see if that helped, but
> nothing. This is making working on the computer very
> abnoxious trying to navigate with my keyboard. I have
> scanned the PC with current virus id's and there are no
> viruses. I know there is some adware that I am trying to
> remove for this person, but I get nothing out of the
> mouse. Can anyone help me figure this out or point me in
> the right direction? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Buy an new mouse. Simple. Even you could have worked *THAT* out!

Cerridwen wrote:

> Bobby wrote:
>
>>I am working on a computer with XP and the mouse will not
>>work. I have used the same mouse on the same computer
>>before, but it will not work now. I connected it to
>>another computer and everything is fine. In Device Mgr,
>>it says this device is working properly. I have tried to
>>update drivers, but it says it could not find a better
>>driver than the one installed. I have even tried to
>>remove the mouse and reboot to see if that helped, but
>>nothing. This is making working on the computer very
>>abnoxious trying to navigate with my keyboard. I have
>>scanned the PC with current virus id's and there are no
>>viruses. I know there is some adware that I am trying to
>>remove for this person, but I get nothing out of the
>>mouse. Can anyone help me figure this out or point me in
>>the right direction? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>

> Buy an new mouse. Simple. Even you could have worked *THAT* out!

But this is assuming that the mouse port is still operating.
What kind of mouse? USB or PS/2? If PS/2, is it in the correct
i8042 port and not interchanged with the PS/2 keyboard port?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
> Bobby wrote:
> > I am working on a computer with XP and the mouse will not
> > work. I have used the same mouse on the same computer
> > before, but it will not work now. I connected it to
> > another computer and everything is fine. In Device Mgr,
> > it says this device is working properly. I have tried to
> > update drivers, but it says it could not find a better
> > driver than the one installed. I have even tried to
> > remove the mouse and reboot to see if that helped, but
> > nothing. This is making working on the computer very
> > abnoxious trying to navigate with my keyboard. I have
> > scanned the PC with current virus id's and there are no
> > viruses. I know there is some adware that I am trying to
> > remove for this person, but I get nothing out of the
> > mouse. Can anyone help me figure this out or point me in
> > the right direction? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> Buy an new mouse. Simple. Even you could have worked *THAT* out!

Do you read, while you complain others don't, as well as being the spelling
net cop? The OP stated he tried the mouse on another PC and it worked, but
even you didn't work those words combinations out!!