Mouse problems 2nd try - Can anyone help?

Bobby

I am working on a computer with XP and the mouse will not
work. I have used the same mouse on the same computer
before, but it will not work now. I connected it to
another computer and everything is fine. In Device Mgr,
it says this device is working properly. I have tried to
update drivers, but it says it could not find a better
driver than the one installed. I have even tried to
remove the mouse and reboot to see if that helped, but
nothing. This is making working on the computer very
abnoxious trying to navigate with my keyboard. I have
scanned the PC with current virus id's and there are no
viruses. I know there is some adware that I am trying to
remove for this person, but I get nothing out of the
mouse. Can anyone help me figure this out or point me in
the right direction? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

FYI -
Don't need to BUY a new one. "I connected it to another
computer and everything is fine."

It is PS/2 plugged into the mouse port (color coordinated)

Zion

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

In device mgr,right click to go the properties of the mouse,and click driver roll - back.If that does not work,uninstall and re-install.Run window update and don,t forget to check your system bios if the option for the mouse is enabled.

Bobby <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> tickled the keyboard:
> I am working on a computer with XP and the mouse will not
> work. I have used the same mouse on the same computer

Try and use yr keyboard to uninstall your mouse driver then go to the mouse
manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for it

Or use a friends pc to download the driver to floppy and install from that

I know it will be difficult with a keyboard but it can be done as i had to
do that myself a while back

Regards
Sheri
--
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might
as well dance

lllusion

In article <891D55BB-FA49-4FC7-8BBA-7FD15BA2C80B@microsoft.com>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> In device mgr,right click to go the properties of the mouse,and click driver roll - back

Uh, this will be kind of tough for Bobby since the mouse isn't working
at all.

Bobby, you'll need to use your keyboard, as BitzChick mentioned. Open
device manager and uninstall you mouse. Restart the machine and see if
the mouse works. There have been increasing reports of similar mouse
problems. (My personal opinion is that a security update is hampering
the mouse drivers.) In my case I not only had to uninstall the mouse but
plug in a basic mouse (an old tried and true mouse with no functions
other than left and right buttons). After that I downloaded the latest
video drivers, uninstalled the mouse again and the current video drivers
(if there are no new driver updates you might want to uninstall the
current driver software anyway). After a restart I re-installed the
video and mouse drivers. It's all working pretty well now. Occasionally
the mouse faints for a few seconds but nothing like before.

--
Howie
"The very belief that violence is unavoidable