Q: Setting up a LAN CS:S game without internet connection

Last response: in Video Games
February 20, 2005 8:51:51 PM

Dear All,

I would like to know if there is a possibility to set up CS:S on a LAN
without a internet connection.

Some friends want to meet for a LAN-Party and we would like to play CS:S.
However, I want to make sure that everybody is ready to join. Any
experiences?

TIA,

Frank

--
The above email address does either not exist or is not accessible for me.
In case you need to contact me, use:

Frank Neurath wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I would like to know if there is a possibility to set up CS:S on a LAN
> without a internet connection.
>
> Some friends want to meet for a LAN-Party and we would like to play CS:S.
> However, I want to make sure that everybody is ready to join. Any
> experiences?
>
> TIA,
>
> Frank

I love these questions. ;)

Sure you can. The only requirement is that each person needs to have a
fully updated version of CS:S, and they need to have confirmed for
themselves that CS:S will indeed run in offline mode. When this is done,
everyone will be ready for the LAN.