Connection HP Jornada 568 with GPRS on SE P900

June 10, 2004 12:35:47 PM

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience in connecting the HP Jornada 568 to the
internet using GPRS on a SonyEricsson P900. The GPRS on the P900 works and I
can retrieve mail and browse the web. I've managed to setup a dial-up
connection (only 9600bps) using the IrDA connection, but I want to connect
my PocketPC to the internet using GPRS.

How to establish this link??? Any help is very appreciated.

Jeroen
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 6:24:43 PM

This is not a very big problem. For what I can remember, your SE-P900 saves
the GPRS definition on an internal profile, called CID. You should check
your data connections to find the CID number of your connection; it is
probably 1.

Assuming it is 1, you should create a dialup in the same way you did, using
the Infrared port, to *99***1#, and that's it. When connecting, in case your
operator requires a username and password to connect to GPRS, give the
username and password in the screen that opens.

That should be all.

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com

"Sleurhutje" <sleurhutje@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any experience in connecting the HP Jornada 568 to the
> internet using GPRS on a SonyEricsson P900. The GPRS on the P900 works and
> can retrieve mail and browse the web. I've managed to setup a dial-up
> connection (only 9600bps) using the IrDA connection, but I want to connect
> my PocketPC to the internet using GPRS.
>
> How to establish this link??? Any help is very appreciated.
>

> Jeroen

Anonymous
June 11, 2004 8:39:17 PM

Helio,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried this, but the dialing pattern adds +0
before evry type of connection. Despite op removing and changing the
settings for area and country code and the patterns to be used the +0 is
always added unless you enter an area and/or country code. The Jornada is
PocketPC 2002.

Jeroen

!