fasttrack controller?

Rocky

I just built a new pc based on the p4c800 e-dlx and when it boots it says
"no drive attached to fasttarck controller - bios not installed", then it
boots normally. Is this a problem? What is a fasttrack controller? I have
one IDE HD installed, and one DVD RW installed....

Thanks.

Alistair

Paul

Splendid

In article <2hfe45Fcicn8U1@uni-berlin.de>, "Rocky" <Rocky@GhostRecon.net> wrote:

> I just built a new pc based on the p4c800 e-dlx and when it boots it says
> "no drive attached to fasttarck controller - bios not installed", then it
> boots normally. Is this a problem? What is a fasttrack controller? I have
> one IDE HD installed, and one DVD RW installed....
>
> Thanks.
>
> Alistair

PDC20378 Promise chip on the motherboard. It hosts drives as well
as the Southbridge. The Promise chip has code in the BIOS to control
it, and when the code finds no drives to control on the Promise chip,
the code is no longer needed.

You could disable the chip in the BIOS, and that should get rid
of the message, and the time spent searching for drives.

HTH,
Paul