registry error

I have a K8V deluxe and a 3200+ amd64
I loaded win Xp twice this weekend and after all my hardware drivers were
loaded ,about every 3 boot of so
I would get this message " One Of the files containing the system registry
data had to be replaced by use of a log or alternate copy.the recovery was
sucessful "
It doesn't seem to do any damage though
but I don't know how to get rid of this message
Any Ideas <TIA Paul

Tim

Paul,

I would be suspecting a serious hardware, bios, or driver issue. You should
not use your system until this issue is resolved. 1st step could be running
memtest86 to eliminate memory as a contributor, then check bios, bios
version, settings (conservative and not overclocked I trust?), then check
all drivers in particular those associated with disc drives and controllers.

Without resolving this issue you stand to lose your system when you least
want to.

Do you have any shutdown problems? If the disc drives are not flushing
caches then you will get disk corruptions. Consider - as a method of
locating the problem - going into Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device
Manager and in there turn off disc caching for your system disc (or all
until you find a fix). If this doesn't assist, then reverse the process. To
switch disc caching, in device manager, Open up disc drives, double click on
your system drive (guess if needs be) and when you have the correct drive,
on the Policies tab untick 'Enable write caching on the disk'. Your system
may run noticeable slower, but if this temporarily solves the issue you know
it is bios / disc controller / driver related.

- Tim