SideWinder Precision Pro Game Controller

I've had this Game Controller running on Win98SE with
software version 3.0 and now want to set it up on a new
WinXP Pro machine.

I know there's a software update download available to
ver. 3.02 but that seems to be for Win 95 & 98 only.

Does anyone know if the SideWinder Precision Pro Game
Controller will work on WinXP Pro or am I going to have
to junk this Joystick? :(

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
e-mail: zani(removethis)@dsl.pipex.com
1 answer Last reply
More about sidewinder precision game controller

    The 3.x sidewinder software will not work in Windows XP.

    The controller should work though
    Goto the Game Controller Control Panel
    Then Add, Microsoft Sidewinder (auto-detect)...

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've had this Game Controller running on Win98SE with
    > software version 3.0 and now want to set it up on a new
    > WinXP Pro machine.
    >
    > I know there's a software update download available to
    > ver. 3.02 but that seems to be for Win 95 & 98 only.
    >
    > Does anyone know if the SideWinder Precision Pro Game
    > Controller will work on WinXP Pro or am I going to have
    > to junk this Joystick? :(
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > e-mail: zani(removethis)@dsl.pipex.com