Bios Settings for A7N8X-X and Athlon XP 2800+

Hi,

I am looking for some advice to see if my BIOS settings are correct.

System Configuration:

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ (Thoroughbred-B)
Asus A7N8X-X Bios 1009
Memory 256 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM 333 MHZ (Generic)
Geforce FX5200 128 MB (xfx)
Hard Disk Seagate ST380011A (80 GB)

Bios Settings:

CPU External Frequency : 166 MHZ
CPU Frequency Multiple Setting : Auto
CPU Frequency Multiple : 13.5 x
System Performance : USer Defined
CPU Interface : Optimal
Memory Frequency : 100 %
Resulting Frequency : 166 MHZ
Memory Timing : User Defined
SDRAM Active Precharge Delay : 7
SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay : 3
SDRAM RAS Precharge Delay : 3
SDRAM CAS Latency : 3T
FSB Spread Spectrum : Disabled
AGP Spread Spectrum : Disabled
CPU Vcore Setting : Auto
CPU Vcore : 1.650V
DDR Reference Voltage : 2.6V

Thanks,

Edson Alvarenga
3 answers Last reply
More about bios settings a7n8x athlon 2800

    Unless you are overclocking then the CPU Freq multiple should be 12.5

    An XP2800 is 2.08 on 166 FSB, 12.5 not 13.5
    "Edson Alvarenga" <edson.alvarenga@edb.ericsson.se> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for some advice to see if my BIOS settings are correct.
    >
    > System Configuration:
    >
    > AMD Athlon XP 2800+ (Thoroughbred-B)
    > Asus A7N8X-X Bios 1009
    > Memory 256 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM 333 MHZ (Generic)
    > Geforce FX5200 128 MB (xfx)
    > Hard Disk Seagate ST380011A (80 GB)
    >

    > Bios Settings:
    >
    > CPU External Frequency : 166 MHZ
    > CPU Frequency Multiple Setting : Auto
    > CPU Frequency Multiple : 13.5 x
    > System Performance : USer Defined
    > CPU Interface : Optimal
    > Memory Frequency : 100 %
    > Resulting Frequency : 166 MHZ
    > Memory Timing : User Defined
    > SDRAM Active Precharge Delay : 7
    > SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay : 3
    > SDRAM RAS Precharge Delay : 3
    > SDRAM CAS Latency : 3T
    > FSB Spread Spectrum : Disabled
    > AGP Spread Spectrum : Disabled
    > CPU Vcore Setting : Auto
    > CPU Vcore : 1.650V
    > DDR Reference Voltage : 2.6V
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Edson Alvarenga

    I'm sorry, I was deceived in relation to the model of the processor,
    therefore, I took off cooler and I saw the real model of the
    processor. It is AXDA2200DKV3C

    Then I changed the CPU Frequency to 133 MHz and Multiplier to 13,5.

    In relation to the memory, Can I use DDR 333 MHZ memory together with
    this processor ?

    On 26 May 2004 04:45:14 -0700, edson.alvarenga@edb.ericsson.se (Edson
    Alvarenga) wrote:

    >I'm sorry, I was deceived in relation to the model of the processor,
    >therefore, I took off cooler and I saw the real model of the
    >processor. It is AXDA2200DKV3C
    >
    >Then I changed the CPU Frequency to 133 MHz and Multiplier to 13,5.
    >
    >In relation to the memory, Can I use DDR 333 MHZ memory together with
    >this processor ?

    If you are runNing the ram at the same speed as the CPU FSB (133MHz)
    then you could use DDR as low as 266 (133 x 2 = 266).

    PCxxxx / DDR / MHz
    PC1600 / 200 / 100
    PC2100 / 266 / 133
    PC2700 / 333 / 166