hermes

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

and where can I find drivers for it?

It has a realtek chipset (not sure which one), I think it is a generic oem
as there is absolutely no info on it except the following:
Serial number: AHN6303023707
Part Number: 18-0B-F200-B100

The following is all I can turn up on it after searching the internet (web
and usenet):

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=18%2D0B%
2DF200%2DB100

I apologize for posting slightly OT and appreciate any assistance.

--
hermes
DRM sux! Treacherous Computing kills our virtual civil liberties!

Windows XP crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Go to www.belarc.com and download The Belarc Advisor - maybe it can help
identify it.

"hermes" <hermes@messenger.net> wrote in message
> and where can I find drivers for it?
>
> It has a realtek chipset (not sure which one), I think it is a generic oem
> as there is absolutely no info on it except the following:
> Serial number: AHN6303023707
> Part Number: 18-0B-F200-B100
>
> The following is all I can turn up on it after searching the internet (web
> and usenet):

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=18%2D0B%
> 2DF200%2DB100
>
> I apologize for posting slightly OT and appreciate any assistance.
>
> --
> hermes
> DRM sux! Treacherous Computing kills our virtual civil liberties!
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
>
> Windows XP crashed.
> I am the Blue Screen of Death.
> No one hears your screams.
>
> Yesterday it worked.
> Today it is not working.
> Windows is like that.

hermes

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Before the MVP (M$ Victim Poster) Hermes responded, hermes typed:
> and where can I find drivers for it?
>
> It has a realtek chipset (not sure which one), I think it is a
> generic oem as there is absolutely no info on it except the following:
> Serial number: AHN6303023707
> Part Number: 18-0B-F200-B100
>
> The following is all I can turn up on it after searching the internet
> (web and usenet):

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=18%2D0B%
> 2DF200%2DB100
>
> I apologize for posting slightly OT and appreciate any assistance.

DUH! I should have mentioned it's a network card. :)

--
hermes
DRM sux! Treacherous Computing kills our virtual civil liberties!
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

Windows XP crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Greetings --

What's the FCC number on it? Cards are usually easier to track
down using the FCC number.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

> Before the MVP (M$ Victim Poster) Hermes responded, hermes typed:
> > and where can I find drivers for it?

Generic Realtek throwaway card.
No FCC ID on it?

Does XP not have in-box drivers for that?
See what happens if you just throw it in.

Then try the XP drivers here:
( 7th line down )
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloads1-3.aspx?series=16&Software=True

Then, given that it's a $5 card,
see what happens if you just throw it out :)

--
Best Regards,
Ron Lowe

hermes

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Before the MVP (M$ Victim Poster) Hermes responded, Bruce Chambers typed:

> Greetings --
>
> What's the FCC number on it? Cards are usually easier to track
> down using the FCC number.
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> --
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on
> having both at once. -- RAH
>

> "hermes" <hermes@messenger.net> wrote in message
>> and where can I find drivers for it?
>>
>> It has a realtek chipset (not sure which one), I think it is a
>> generic oem
>> as there is absolutely no info on it except the following:
>> Serial number: AHN6303023707
>> Part Number: 18-0B-F200-B100
>>
>> The following is all I can turn up on it after searching the
>> internet (web
>> and usenet):
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=18%2D0B%
>> 2DF200%2DB100
>>
>> I apologize for posting slightly OT and appreciate any assistance.
>>
>> --
>> hermes
>> DRM sux! Treacherous Computing kills our virtual civil liberties!
>> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
>>
>> Windows XP crashed.
>> I am the Blue Screen of Death.
>> No one hears your screams.
>>
>> Yesterday it worked.
>> Today it is not working.
>> Windows is like that.

Thanks for the response Bruce. I tried the FCC # that was on the card,
but it didn't bring up anything. Dispite our occasional "discussions" in
these groups, I appreciate and respect your willingness to help. :)

--
hermes
DRM sux! Treacherous Computing kills our virtual civil liberties!
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

Windows XP crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.

hermes

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Before the MVP (M$ Victim Poster) Hermes responded, Ron Lowe typed:

> "hermes" <hermes@messenger.net> wrote in message
>> Before the MVP (M$ Victim Poster) Hermes responded, hermes typed:
>> > and where can I find drivers for it?
>

> Generic Realtek throwaway card.
> No FCC ID on it?

It has an FCC # but It didn't turn up anything.

> Does XP not have in-box drivers for that?

Right.

> See what happens if you just throw it in.

It tries to install but cannot find drivers.

> Then try the XP drivers here:
> ( 7th line down )
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloads1-3.aspx?series=16&Software=True
>
> Then, given that it's a $5 card,
> see what happens if you just throw it out :)

LOL! My thoughts exactly. I'm just doing this a s a favor to a friend.
Not my machine, no way to backup the machine, I just wanted to approach
this in a conservative manner if there was any option to do so. If there
is none, I will just throw it in with my best guess for drivers and see
what happens. Thanks for the link.

--
hermes
DRM sux! Treacherous Computing kills our virtual civil liberties!
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

Windows XP crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.

hermes

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Before the MVP (M$ Victim Poster) Hermes responded, Jerry typed:

> Go to www.belarc.com and download The Belarc Advisor - maybe it can help
> identify it.

I was considering this John, but I do not know if Belarc, aida32 or other
programs like that actually get the info from the drivers or the hardware
even if no drivers are installed. Does anyone know?

--
hermes
DRM sux! Treacherous Computing kills our virtual civil liberties!
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

Windows XP crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

How to get the Hardware ID of a NIC

1.. Close all open instances of Device Manager.
2.. Open a command prompt.
3.. In the command prompt type set devmgr_show_details=1
4.. In the command prompt type devmgmt.msc to go to the Device Manager.
5.. Click the plus sign next to Network Adapters so that you can see the
NIC in question.
6.. Double click the name of the NIC in question.
7.. There should be a Details tab, go to it.
8.. In the Details tab select Hardware Ids from the drop down menu.
9.. Highlight the top line (this is the Hardware ID) and copy it (Ctrl-C).
10.. Paste this into a mail and send it back to me.
if you have a driver (.sys file) and corresponding inf (.inf file) you can
search for the hardware ID in the inf you suspect will work- if it is there,
you have the right driver/inf
not necessarily the most current one but one that should work

Alternately you can find the company of manufacture at
http://www.pcisig.com/membership/vid_search/
number from details tab= PCI\VEN_some#letters&DEV_#&subsys_#
look up the "some#letters" in hex at the above link click search & you can
confirm the company of manufacture

Hope this helps

--
John McVea [MSFT]