difference between AGV and PCI

TJ

I'm trying to purchase a video card, but run into a choice
to choose between S3 Savage IX 8MB 2X AGV and S3 Savage IX
8MB PCI Video Cards. My motherboard has both of these AGV
and PCI slots available. I don't know which one of them is
better. What are they differences except their looks and
pins, I mean performance, conflict ...

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The AGP is better.

"TJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to purchase a video card, but run into a choice
> to choose between S3 Savage IX 8MB 2X AGV and S3 Savage IX
> 8MB PCI Video Cards. My motherboard has both of these AGV
> and PCI slots available. I don't know which one of them is
> better. What are they differences except their looks and
> pins, I mean performance, conflict ...

"TJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to purchase a video card, but run into a choice
> to choose between S3 Savage IX 8MB 2X AGV and S3 Savage IX
> 8MB PCI Video Cards. My motherboard has both of these AGV
> and PCI slots available. I don't know which one of them is
> better. What are they differences except their looks and
> pins, I mean performance, conflict ...

The AGP is better and faster. It is a dedacated hiway for video. The pci is
also a hiway but for all the traffic in your pc.