P4P800-E Deluxe & DVD-ROM problems -- HELP

I have built a new computer with the following config:

P4P800-E-Deluxe
P4 2.8GHz-E
Mushkin PC-3500
WD Raptor 36GB
8X DVD+-RW

The problem is that the DVD works fine when I install XP (I install XP
from the DVD). It boots off the DVD and then installs the whole
operating system from it. But once XP is installed, XP boots and
recognizes the DVD but when I put in a cd or dvd, the OS does not read
the CD or sometimes reads the folders but does read the files.

When I install a new DVD-ROM drive, XP does not boot anymore. In safe
mode xp stops with the last line displaying mup.sys

Any clues what is happening!!!

Please help.

Tarun
-=-

TK

"Tarun Jain" <tjain@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have built a new computer with the following config:
>
> P4P800-E-Deluxe
> P4 2.8GHz-E
> Mushkin PC-3500
> WD Raptor 36GB
> 8X DVD+-RW
>
> The problem is that the DVD works fine when I install XP (I install XP
> from the DVD). It boots off the DVD and then installs the whole
> operating system from it. But once XP is installed, XP boots and
> recognizes the DVD but when I put in a cd or dvd, the OS does not read
> the CD or sometimes reads the folders but does read the files.
>
> When I install a new DVD-ROM drive, XP does not boot anymore. In safe
> mode xp stops with the last line displaying mup.sys
>
> Any clues what is happening!!!
>
> Please help.
>
> Tarun

After installing XP do you get all updates and install The Intel .inf update
Version 1003 from Asus
downloads? May not be the issue but that inf update is needed for XP and
P4P800-E Mobo for sure.
Bios updated? Are you sure the medium is good? I've seen XP install (or say
it has) and have corrupt files
because of bad medium..

Best of luck, curious to see what the solution turns out to be.