Disk drive change

May 10, 2004 8:34:52 PM

Hi,
I would like to change my C: drive with a bigger and
faster one, but without the need of reinstalling all the
software incluiding Win XP.
Configuration is as follows:
Drive C: 30MB IDE Here is Windows and a few utilities
Drive D: 70MB IDE Here is all the rest of software

thanks

Igor

More about : disk drive change

May 11, 2004 7:17:23 AM

Many disk drive makers provide a utility to clone an old disk to the new.

"Igor Lubkov" <ilubkov@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I would like to change my C: drive with a bigger and
> faster one, but without the need of reinstalling all the
> software incluiding Win XP.
> Configuration is as follows:
> Drive C: 30MB IDE Here is Windows and a few utilities
> Drive D: 70MB IDE Here is all the rest of software
>
> thanks
>
> Igor

May 11, 2004 9:51:16 AM

If you buy a retail boxed Maxtor Disk it will come with the wonderful CD.

Follow the instructions in the manual before installing the disk in your PC.

You will be able to:
1] Format
2] Partition
3] Clone existing C Drive
4] Power Off
5] Disconnect Old C Drive
6] Reconfigure New Drive as Primary
7] Reboot to XP

all without any fuss, drama or problems. Plus Windows will still function.