Disk drive change

Hi,
I would like to change my C: drive with a bigger and
faster one, but without the need of reinstalling all the
software incluiding Win XP.
Configuration is as follows:
Drive C: 30MB IDE Here is Windows and a few utilities
Drive D: 70MB IDE Here is all the rest of software

thanks

Igor
2 answers Last reply
More about disk drive change

    Many disk drive makers provide a utility to clone an old disk to the new.

    "Igor Lubkov" <ilubkov@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I would like to change my C: drive with a bigger and
    > faster one, but without the need of reinstalling all the
    > software incluiding Win XP.
    > Configuration is as follows:
    > Drive C: 30MB IDE Here is Windows and a few utilities
    > Drive D: 70MB IDE Here is all the rest of software
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Igor

    If you buy a retail boxed Maxtor Disk it will come with the wonderful CD.

    Follow the instructions in the manual before installing the disk in your PC.

    You will be able to:
    1] Format
    2] Partition
    3] Clone existing C Drive
    4] Power Off
    5] Disconnect Old C Drive
    6] Reconfigure New Drive as Primary
    7] Reboot to XP

    all without any fuss, drama or problems. Plus Windows will still function.

Disk Drive Windows XP