P4P800 Deluxe - which memory

xyz

We all know that the manual recommends certain memory, but is this
necessarily the route to take?
My question is what memory are you using with your P4P800 Deluxe? The RAM I
am using at the moment is temporary as I want to get the best performance
possible with DDR400. The board did not like this Kingston 2100 RAM I had
(random reboots). I soon wisened to this! I am currently using some
unbranded 2100 memory I have - but which DDR400 should I buy?

Thanks in advance.

xyz wrote:

> We all know that the manual recommends certain memory, but is this
> necessarily the route to take?
> My question is what memory are you using with your P4P800 Deluxe? The RAM I
> am using at the moment is temporary as I want to get the best performance
> possible with DDR400. The board did not like this Kingston 2100 RAM I had
> (random reboots). I soon wisened to this! I am currently using some
> unbranded 2100 memory I have - but which DDR400 should I buy?

I have
- a P4P800 Deluxe with 2 x 256 Infineon PC3200 CL3 and
- a P4P800 Rev.2.0 with 2 x 512 TwinMOS PC3200 with Winbond-Chips CL2.5
and all of them do their work.

rc

--
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties
and confers no rights.

Kingston HyperX works fine
I have used KHX3500K2/512 @ 2/2/3/5/8 @DDR400
& currently KHX32000AK2/1G @2/2/3/6/8
Corsair TwinX3200LL gave me loads of trouble
CSX

"Roy Coorne" <rcoorne@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> xyz wrote:
>
> > We all know that the manual recommends certain memory, but is this
> > necessarily the route to take?
> > My question is what memory are you using with your P4P800 Deluxe? The
RAM I
> > am using at the moment is temporary as I want to get the best
performance
> > possible with DDR400. The board did not like this Kingston 2100 RAM I
had
> > (random reboots). I soon wisened to this! I am currently using some
> > unbranded 2100 memory I have - but which DDR400 should I buy?
>

> I have
> - a P4P800 Deluxe with 2 x 256 Infineon PC3200 CL3 and
> - a P4P800 Rev.2.0 with 2 x 512 TwinMOS PC3200 with Winbond-Chips CL2.5
> and all of them do their work.
>
> rc
>
> --
> This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties
> and confers no rights.

Hammy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

yep, the hyperx is good stuff. i have 4 sticks hyperx pc3500 currently
running @ 228mhz @ 2,2,3,5,8 without any problem.

"CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Kingston HyperX works fine
> I have used KHX3500K2/512 @ 2/2/3/5/8 @DDR400
> & currently KHX32000AK2/1G @2/2/3/6/8
> Corsair TwinX3200LL gave me loads of trouble
> CSX
>
> "Roy Coorne" <rcoorne@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> xyz wrote:
>>
>> > We all know that the manual recommends certain memory, but is this
>> > necessarily the route to take?
>> > My question is what memory are you using with your P4P800 Deluxe? The
> RAM I
>> > am using at the moment is temporary as I want to get the best
> performance
>> > possible with DDR400. The board did not like this Kingston 2100 RAM I
> had
>> > (random reboots). I soon wisened to this! I am currently using some
>> > unbranded 2100 memory I have - but which DDR400 should I buy?
>>

>> I have
>> - a P4P800 Deluxe with 2 x 256 Infineon PC3200 CL3 and
>> - a P4P800 Rev.2.0 with 2 x 512 TwinMOS PC3200 with Winbond-Chips CL2.5
>> and all of them do their work.
>>
>> rc
>>
>> --
>> This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties
>> and confers no rights.

TRENDING THREADS