Yamaha audio card on Windows XP

May 10, 2004 10:21:06 PM

The ADS Instant DVD 2.0 device or Capture Wizard itself doesn’t capture sound from my VHS camcoder.

Video part of captured files is ok. Also, sample mpegs, CDs, and all other audio files work fine.

I am concerned whether my Yamaha DS1x Native Audio (WDM) card and/or my USB 1 port are not compatible with this USB2 device or Windows XP. On the ADS Tech. web site and in the manual there is the information that the USB1 port is not a problem for transfers up to 4 mbps rate.

It is interesting that captured mpegs report sound in “detail� file properties of Capture Wizard but do not play it. Is this related with the Windows XP warning: “Your audio card does not support hardware buffering, sound will only play back from software buffers�?

I am thankfull for any helpful information.

Specs:
Notebook Toshiba Tecra 8100 PIII 700MH
BIOS Tecra 8100 v2.5
Yamaha DS1x Native Audio (WDM) card
USB 1 port
Windows XP
May 12, 2004 2:23:45 AM

try finding the yamaha driver for your card here
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/lsi/us/support/...

the one you are using now is microsofts one, that is not very good.
Kenny

"Ajna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The ADS Instant DVD 2.0 device or Capture Wizard itself doesn't capture
sound from my VHS camcoder.

> Video part of captured files is ok. Also, sample mpegs, CDs, and all other
audio files work fine.

> I am concerned whether my Yamaha DS1x Native Audio (WDM) card and/or my
USB 1 port are not compatible with this USB2 device or Windows XP. On the
ADS Tech. web site and in the manual there is the information that the USB1
port is not a problem for transfers up to 4 mbps rate.

> It is interesting that captured mpegs report sound in "detail" file
properties of Capture Wizard but do not play it. Is this related with the
Windows XP warning: "Your audio card does not support hardware buffering,
sound will only play back from software buffers"?

> I am thankfull for any helpful information.
>
> Specs:
> Notebook Toshiba Tecra 8100 PIII 700MH
> BIOS Tecra 8100 v2.5
> Yamaha DS1x Native Audio (WDM) card
> USB 1 port
> Windows XP

---
May 26, 2004 7:16:03 PM

I changed drivers for my audio card but it didn't help

I attached USB 2 but it didn’t help. Also checking and changing of A/V cables and the connections between camcorder and Instant DVD 2.0 didn’t help. Sound level also on maximum and Video volume selected in audio mixer.

Can you tell me what are correct sound recording settings in Windows XP Pro audio properties? The volume button is active but advanced button is inactive. Is it normal?. System sound is working fine also DirectX diagnostic tool shows no problem with sound card. What about audio codecs, and/or changing their priorities Is there something out here that I could try to download. Whatever I do in Capture wizard the result is same – video with empty audio portion of captured file. Audio portion exists but it is empty.

Thank you in advance
!