HOW CAN I PLAY ON-LINE????

I all.... i'm new, i don't know how can i play on-line with CS.... the game
show me a strange message (not protocol 7, i think) and i don't know which
version i have to take!

Anybody can give me some download links for correct version to play on-line?

Thanks everybody!!!

www.steampowered.com has all you need