Trying to hook up new digital camera to usb

I am trying to hook up a New Nikon Coolpix2100 camera to my puter to transfer the pics, but the USB warning keeps coming up and saying that the hardware in not working any suggestions.
2 answers Last reply
More about trying hook digital camera

    Ask Nikon.

    "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to hook up a New Nikon Coolpix2100 camera to my puter to
    transfer the pics, but the USB warning keeps coming up and saying that the
    hardware in not working any suggestions.

    Some digital Cameras only work with USB 2.

    Is your USB port USB 1 or 2?

    If it is 2, have you installed SP1 and necessary USB updates?

Hardware Cameras USB Windows XP