P2B- USB 1.1 ?

I want to get a digital camera, and it requires at least USB 1.1.

So, I was wondering if the P2B (rev. 1.02) has USB 1.1 ports?
It has BIOS 1013.007. And, I have Windows ME installed.

I checked the instructions, no info there. I checked the web and usenet
archives, and three people claim that it has USB 1.1.

On Asus's site, I wonder if they even have anything more than the
instructions, maybe a P2B Frequently Asked Questions?

I am hoping for official documentation of the USB ports by Asus or at least
computer review site.

Thanks,
QZ

QZ wrote:
> I want to get a digital camera, and it requires at least USB 1.1.
>
> So, I was wondering if the P2B (rev. 1.02) has USB 1.1 ports?
> It has BIOS 1013.007. And, I have Windows ME installed.
>
> I checked the instructions, no info there. I checked the web and usenet
> archives, and three people claim that it has USB 1.1.
>
> On Asus's site, I wonder if they even have anything more than the
> instructions, maybe a P2B Frequently Asked Questions?
>
> I am hoping for official documentation of the USB ports by Asus or at least
> computer review site.

AFAIK you won't find P2B USB specifications published on any Asus site,
but an email to their tech support would probably elicit the "official"
answer you seek.

FWIW my digicam (Nikon 3500) also says it requires at least USB 1.1, and
works perfectly with P2B onboard USB ports.

HTH

P2B

No USB ports, but if you have a space for another PCI card you can get a USB
card with 4 outlets so you can use USB items.

On Wed, 26 May 2004 22:15:05 -0400, QZ wrote:

> I want to get a digital camera, and it requires at least USB 1.1.
>
> So, I was wondering if the P2B (rev. 1.02) has USB 1.1 ports? It has
> BIOS 1013.007. And, I have Windows ME installed.
>
> I checked the instructions, no info there. I checked the web and usenet
> archives, and three people claim that it has USB 1.1.
>
> On Asus's site, I wonder if they even have anything more than the
> instructions, maybe a P2B Frequently Asked Questions?
>
> I am hoping for official documentation of the USB ports by Asus or at
> least a
> computer review site.
>
> Thanks,
> QZ

Look up the motherboard chipset specifications, I forget the exact chip
number but I've done that before (The P2B manual can be of some help here,
as it should say the chipset and its features). Then go to the USB
specifications page, and determine which it is based upon xfer rates.

Ah, OK I've done the homework on this for you already. Apparently the P2B
uses the PIIX4E chipset (according to the rev 1.10 manual), and the Intel
PIIX4/E PDF file states this has Two USB 1.0 ports, at 12 or 1.5Mbit/sec:

http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/datashts/290562.htm

http://www.usb.org/developers/docs

Who was that guy saying the P2B doesn't have USB ports? He should read
more carefully next time - the guy already has the board and *knows* it
has two USB ports...

--
We HAVE been at war with Iraq for 13 years now, bombing their
country on at least a weekly basis.

Errata #10 states that the USB host controller is USB 1.1 compliant!!!

ftp://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/specupdt/29773817.pdf

--

Ixnei wrote:

> Errata #10 states that the USB host controller is USB 1.1 compliant!!!
>
> ftp://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/specupdt/29773817.pdf

Nice detective work :)

"Ixnei" <ixnei@ixnei.ixnei> wrote in message
> Errata #10 states that the USB host controller is USB 1.1 compliant!!!

I knew it had the Intel 440BX chipset, but I didn't know what part of the
chipset controls USB.

Great, thanks for the help.