Sign in with
Your question

Poor, Poor China

Tags:
Last response: in News & Leisure
May 25, 2012 3:02:20 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47561828/ns/business-us_bus...

Turns out only .7 percent of the United States exports go to China, I really thought it was more than that but at least this will be a little easier on us than Europe.

More about : poor poor china

May 25, 2012 4:30:03 PM

Interesting, I wonder what China is going to do to maneuver out of this?

Related resources
May 25, 2012 9:40:38 PM

I wonder if theyve figured out yet, that cheating the system by putting up false values on your currency, not trading with your trade partners, and actually making fair trade a policy so your trade partners are also healthy has sunk in yet
May 26, 2012 6:08:59 AM

Let me throw something out there for you all: what is the chinese yuan was not tied, or has severed ties with the US dollar?
May 26, 2012 3:47:15 PM

dogman_1234 said:
Let me throw something out there for you all: what is the chinese yuan was not tied, or has severed ties with the US dollar?

Impossible as long as the Dollar is the world's reserve currency.
May 26, 2012 4:20:04 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
Impossible as long as the Dollar is the world's reserve currency.

What do you mean?
May 26, 2012 8:02:58 PM

that is not what I asked.

The yuan is tied to the dollar. Basically, when the dollar goes up, so does the yuan. that is one criticism by people here. the fact that the chinese are piggy backing us is dangerous. If we tank, so does china. They cannot afford to have us go down! If we go down, guess who gets their arses chewed out?
May 27, 2012 1:26:57 AM

dogman_1234 said:
that is not what I asked.

The yuan is tied to the dollar. Basically, when the dollar goes up, so does the yuan. that is one criticism by people here. the fact that the chinese are piggy backing us is dangerous. If we tank, so does china. They cannot afford to have us go down! If we go down, guess who gets their arses chewed out?

That's why there is quiet push to drop the dollar as the world's reserve currency, and a larger push to drop the the value of the dollar to achieve just that.
May 27, 2012 5:24:07 AM

Why? Is it because we are no longer fit to be the median of trade?
May 27, 2012 3:26:05 PM

dogman_1234 said:
Why? Is it because we are no longer fit to be the median of trade?

Many are tired of America's influence in the world and wish to exert more of their own. Confidence that we can "pay our bills" is waning.
May 27, 2012 4:55:01 PM

Pay and Pray! That is what i say.

What about others nations who have a high debt to GDP ratio? should they be disregard as powers as well?

*cough*EU*cough*
!