Epson RX500 Compatible Cartridges.

I have just started installing compatible cartridges from Nutronic Ltd in my
Photo RX500. The ink is fine.

You are warned that after installation you will get a warning " The
installed cartridges differ from the original EPSON in cartridges for your
printer........Do you want to continue using the currently installed ink
cartridges."

If you click yes the message should disappear permanently and printing
proceed.

In my set up dell Inspiron (3800 Windows ME) every time I try to print I get
the message, and have to click yes. If I try to do a long job then I get
the message repeatedly so I cannot go off and leave it.

The supplier (cartridge) say that it is unusual, only two people have
reported it, and cannot off any help.

Does anyone have any suggestions for disabling this message.

TIA

Peter

xxx

I have also got a new photo RX500 but i'm still using the original ink
cartridges.
But i got hold of some compatible cartridges for when they do run out
inkrite. I'll find out when a cartridge run out.
By the looks of it, it will be the black first.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:15:26 +0100, "Peter L Williams"
<plw@peveral.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>I have just started installing compatible cartridges from Nutronic Ltd in my
>Photo RX500. The ink is fine.
>
>You are warned that after installation you will get a warning " The
>installed cartridges differ from the original EPSON in cartridges for your
>printer........Do you want to continue using the currently installed ink
>cartridges."
>
>If you click yes the message should disappear permanently and printing
>proceed.
>
>In my set up dell Inspiron (3800 Windows ME) every time I try to print I get
>the message, and have to click yes. If I try to do a long job then I get
>the message repeatedly so I cannot go off and leave it.
>
>The supplier (cartridge) say that it is unusual, only two people have
>reported it, and cannot off any help.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions for disabling this message.
>
>TIA
>
>Peter

Hi Peter,
I also have a new RX500 and am concerned about how to refill or replace
the current cartridges. I would like to go the refill route, as soon as I
see some of the ink suppliers supporting the device to reset the chip on
the cartridges.
I don't know what kind of support you have in the UK, but here in the USA a
buyer is given a one year free access to Epson Customer Support. They may not
be happy about using other company's cartridges, but they should at least give
you an explanation about what is going on with these messages, and possibly give
you a work around. Also, check the Epson web
site download section and make sure you have the latest drivers for you
operating system. Keep us posted on your findings, as there are many of
us getting ready to resupply our ink cartridges and need feedback.

Sherwin Dubren

"Sherwin Dubren" <sherwindu@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi Peter,

SNIP

.. Keep us posted on your findings, as there are many of
> us getting ready to resupply our ink cartridges and need feedback.
>
> Sherwin Dubren

It seems that the internal design of the cartridges make them very
difficult, if not impossible to refill.

See http://www.alotofthings.com/supportforrefillers/beyondthebluelabel.htm

However you can refill compatible cartridges.

My message problem was worked round by ... Resetting the Epson chip,
levering it off, and installing it on the compatible cartridge. See the
above site.

Peter