Compact flash not accessible

Hi,

something has happended to my compact flash card, and now i cannot access it
anymore.

It says the file system is Raw/ unknown, and it will not even let me format
it ...

Dont know how it happened ...

How can i save it ???

Thanks

Cato

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Cato Svellingen/ said:

> Something has happended to my compact flash card, and now I cannot access it
> anymore.
>
> It says the file system is Raw/ unknown, and it will not even let me format
> it ...

If you are attempting to format the card, do so in the camera - not with
the PC - for best results.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

This is not for a camera. Compact flash for Embedded computer.
So i have to use Xp to format. but it refuses.
Are there any tools that could help me ?

Cheers

Cato

"dev" <dev@null.invalid> wrote in message
> /Cato Svellingen/ said:
>
> > Something has happended to my compact flash card, and now I cannot
access it
> > anymore.
> >
> > It says the file system is Raw/ unknown, and it will not even let me
format
> > it ...
>
> If you are attempting to format the card, do so in the camera - not with
> the PC - for best results.
>
> --
> For most XP answers and tweaks...
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
> http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org
> http://support.microsoft.com

My guess is that you zapped it with some static electricity.
You could also have removed the card during a write process.
Since CF is getting to be reasonably priced, you might just
buy a new card or two.

You might send the card back to the mfg'r, I would get in
contact with them, whether it be Lexar, Fuji, or whomever.