Anyone using Pinnicle Instant CD/DVD Ver 8?

I purchased an I/O Magic Dual CD/DVD RW drive. Everytime I have tried to
load Instant CD/DVD program so I can burn DVD's it seems to cause a problem
with XP Professional.

Is anyone successfully using this software without any problems? I am
hesitant to try reloading it again--it seems that the software is using
drivers that are too old to work with Windows XP Professional?? I/O Magic
tech support keeps telling me that the software will work correctly and is
not too old.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
8 answers Last reply
More about anyone pinnicle instant

    I would point your sights more at the Pinnacle knowledge base and tech support. Neither the existance nor type of optical drive should prevent your Pinnacle software from loading correctly under WinXP. From the Pinnacle website it is a current product and runs under "Windows® 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP"

    Check out: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/wwwmenu.asp?Langue_ID=7

    Technical Specs: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docloader_n.asp?templ=10&doclink=/WebVideo/instantcddvdversion8/English(UK)/doc/key_features.htm&Product_ID=1431&Langue_ID=7&loc=spec&division_id=

    And for burner compatability (read the text regarding "the device name is not every time the same name as the product name"): http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsupport1.asp?
    division_id=1&langue_id=7&product_id=1431&product_name=Instant%20CD/DVD%20version%208&page_id=653

    I use Pinnacle Studio 8 on WinXP with MSI MS-8340 CD-RW which I believe Instant CD/DVD, to some degree, is part of. In my case because I don't have an DVD burner all radio buttons for DVD burner options are faded and don't respond. When you get the software loaded, if it is not compatable with your DVD RW, your buttons would likely be faded out too.

    Please post the outcome so others can learn too.

    ----- Lori Kuiper wrote: -----

    I purchased an I/O Magic Dual CD/DVD RW drive. Everytime I have tried to
    load Instant CD/DVD program so I can burn DVD's it seems to cause a problem
    with XP Professional.

    Is anyone successfully using this software without any problems? I am
    hesitant to try reloading it again--it seems that the software is using
    drivers that are too old to work with Windows XP Professional?? I/O Magic
    tech support keeps telling me that the software will work correctly and is
    not too old.

    Any feedback would be appreciated!

    Also, create a restore point before loading any software. If you don't like the result after an install, restore your computer to before the install.

    Thank you for the replies. The software came with the burner, so I would
    assume that it should be compatible with it. After I loaded it previously,
    it seemed to load a different driver that seemed to cause allot of trouble
    on my system. The virtual drive that it installed had region 2 selected and
    would not let me change it. When I tried to use the backup option to
    backup to DVD, it kept giving me a message that it could not read some of
    the files on my drive and locked up the software. The drive originally came
    with Instant CD\DVD ver 7 which was too old to work so I called tech support
    and they sent me the CD for ver 8--but I still had the same trouble when I
    loaded it. I have since reformatted my drive and I am going to try it again
    since I cannot burn DVD's. It seems to me that the problem has something to
    do with Media Player 9.

    As far as tech support I have tried for a week to get in touch with them
    again. The number is long distance & I get put on hold for 20 minutes &
    then get cut off with a message that says that due to high call volumes my
    call cannot be answered and I need to call back. So far have 200 minutes on
    my phone card to tech support and have not reached them yet.
    "namniaR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > I would point your sights more at the Pinnacle knowledge base and tech
    support. Neither the existance nor type of optical drive should prevent
    your Pinnacle software from loading correctly under WinXP. From the
    Pinnacle website it is a current product and runs under "Windows® 98 SE, ME,
    2000, XP"

    > Check out: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/wwwmenu.asp?Langue_ID=7
    >
    > Technical Specs:
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docloader_n.asp?templ=10&doclink=/WebVideo/instantcddvdversion8/English(UK)/doc/key_features.htm&Product_ID=1431&Langue_ID=7&loc=spec&division_id=

    > And for burner compatability (read the text regarding "the device name is
    not every time the same name as the product name"):
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsupport1.asp?

    division_id=1&langue_id=7&product_id=1431&product_name=Instant%20CD/DVD%20ve
    rsion%208&page_id=653

    > I use Pinnacle Studio 8 on WinXP with MSI MS-8340 CD-RW which I believe
    Instant CD/DVD, to some degree, is part of. In my case because I don't have
    an DVD burner all radio buttons for DVD burner options are faded and don't
    respond. When you get the software loaded, if it is not compatable with
    your DVD RW, your buttons would likely be faded out too.

    > Please post the outcome so others can learn too.

    > ----- Lori Kuiper wrote: -----
    >
    > I purchased an I/O Magic Dual CD/DVD RW drive. Everytime I have
    tried to
    > load Instant CD/DVD program so I can burn DVD's it seems to cause a
    problem
    > with XP Professional.
    >
    > Is anyone successfully using this software without any problems? I
    am
    > hesitant to try reloading it again--it seems that the software is
    using
    > drivers that are too old to work with Windows XP Professional?? I/O
    Magic
    > tech support keeps telling me that the software will work correctly
    and is
    > not too old.
    >
    > Any feedback would be appreciated!

    Who's tech support are you calling - I/O Magic o Pinnacle?

    ----- Lori Kuiper wrote: -----

> [...]

    an DVD burner all radio buttons for DVD burner options are faded and don't
    respond. When you get the software loaded, if it is not compatable with
    your DVD RW, your buttons would likely be faded out too.
    >> Please post the outcome so others can learn too.
    >> I purchased an I/O Magic Dual CD/DVD RW drive. Everytime I have
    tried to
    > load Instant CD/DVD program so I can burn DVD's it seems to cause a
    problem
    > with XP Professional.
    >> Is anyone successfully using this software without any problems? I
    am
    > hesitant to try reloading it again--it seems that the software is
    using
    > drivers that are too old to work with Windows XP Professional?? I/O
    Magic
    > tech support keeps telling me that the software will work correctly

    The tech support number listed on the documentation to install the drive for
    any questions is I believe an I/O Magic number. I had to update the
    firmware for the drive which I could not do until I got an ID number from
    I/O tech support which directed me to a Pinnacle website to update the
    firmware on my drive. When I called the number I was directed to Pinnacle
    support for the software--the one and only time that I got thru. They then
    replaced the software & driver disk with the ver 7 product with a new CD
    with ver 8--as I said, I still had trouble.

    I was using the NForce drivers at the time I loaded the software drivers for
    the DVD--now I am using the Microsoft drivers and I am going to try loading
    the software again and see what happens. I did post messages to Pinnacle
    tech support on their web site to which I never received a reply.

    I may be mistaken, but I believe I did check the phone number for tech
    support on the Pinnacle site and the phone number was the same as the one on
    my documentation--so I guess the phone number could be for Pinnacle.
> [...]
    > your DVD RW, your buttons would likely be faded out too.
    > >> Please post the outcome so others can learn too.
    > >> I purchased an I/O Magic Dual CD/DVD RW drive. Everytime I
    have
    > tried to
    > > load Instant CD/DVD program so I can burn DVD's it seems to
    cause a
    > problem
    > > with XP Professional.
    > >> Is anyone successfully using this software without any
    problems? I
    > am
    > > hesitant to try reloading it again--it seems that the software
    is
    > using
    > > drivers that are too old to work with Windows XP
    Professional?? I/O
    > Magic
    > > tech support keeps telling me that the software will work

    Hmm, are we having fun yet?

    Seriously though - Where there any error messages when you loaded the pinnacle software? If there is an option for "typical or custom install," pick typical.

    Is this a desktop PC or laptop?

    What is the model # of the DVD burner?

    Who installed the DVD burner? Does it appear correctly in the device manager ( no yellow exclamation mark )?

    Can you read/play/burn CD data/music discs with the DVD burner?

    More thoughts later - gotta go.

    ----- Lori Kuiper wrote: -----

> [...]

    > your DVD RW, your buttons would likely be faded out too.
    >>> Please post the outcome so others can learn too.
    >>> I purchased an I/O Magic Dual CD/DVD RW drive. Everytime I
    have
    > tried to
    >> load Instant CD/DVD program so I can burn DVD's it seems to
    cause a
    > problem
    >> with XP Professional.
    >>> Is anyone successfully using this software without any
    problems? I
    > am
    >> hesitant to try reloading it again--it seems that the software
    is
    > using
    >> drivers that are too old to work with Windows XP
    Professional?? I/O
    > Magic
    >> tech support keeps telling me that the software will work

    P.S.

    Do you also have a CR-RW? Does it work properly? (read and write)

    Also, I assume you know you cannot duplicate copywrite protected DVD's with this product.

    There were no error messages when the software was loaded.

    There are no exclamation marks in device manager

    This is a dual drive a CD R/RW and DVD R/RW drive

    I installed the drive--installed as Master on Secondary controller

    I can read and write CD & CDRW disks without too much trouble--the software
    will lockup once in awhile to where I cannot get out of it, but this does
    not happen all the time.

    I was not trying to copy protected material to the DVD--only my files from
    my hard drive using the backup portion of the program--this is where the
    program will lockup everytime before it completes the backup--when it is
    trying to finalize the disk.
> [...]
    > >> As far as tech support I have tried for a week to get in
    touch with
    > them
    > > again. The number is long distance & I get put on hold for 20
    > minutes &> then get cut off with a message that says that due to
    high call
    > volumes my
    > > call cannot be answered and I need to call back. So far have
    200
    > minutes on
    > > my phone card to tech support and have not reached them yet.
    > > "namniaR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    > tech
    > > support. Neither the existance nor type of optical drive
    should
    > prevent
    > > your Pinnacle software from loading correctly under WinXP.
    From the
    > > Pinnacle website it is a current product and runs under
    "Windows® 98
    > SE, ME,
    > > 2000, XP"
    > http://www.pinnaclesys.com/wwwmenu.asp?Langue_ID=7

    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docloader_n.asp?templ=10&doclink=/WebVideo/instantcddvdversion8/English(UK)/doc/key_features.htm&Product_ID=1431&Langue_ID=7&loc=spec&division_id=
    > name is
    > > not every time the same name as the product name"):
    > > http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsupport1.asp?

    division_id=1&langue_id=7&product_id=1431&product_name=Instant%20CD/DVD%20ve
    > > rsion%208&page_id=653
    > believe
    > > Instant CD/DVD, to some degree, is part of. In my case
    because I
    > don't have
    > > an DVD burner all radio buttons for DVD burner options are
    faded and
    > don't
    > > respond. When you get the software loaded, if it is not
    compatable
    > with
    > > your DVD RW, your buttons would likely be faded out too.
    > have
    > > tried to
    > >> load Instant CD/DVD program so I can burn DVD's it seems to
    > cause a
    > > problem
    > >> with XP Professional.
    > problems? I
    > > am
    > >> hesitant to try reloading it again--it seems that the
    software
    > is
    > > using
    > >> drivers that are too old to work with Windows XP
    > Professional?? I/O
    > > Magic
    > >> tech support keeps telling me that the software will work
    > correctly
    > > and is
    > >> not too old.

DVD CD-Rom Software Windows XP