Dell Latitude (Function key malfunctioning)

Tags:
  • Latitude
  • Notebooks
  • Dell
  • Windows XP
May 11, 2004 2:19:45 PM

Hi,

I HAVE (NOTEBOOK)DELL LATITUDE CPx with WindowsXP(SP1). I
have problem with the 'FUNCTION' key only while using
WINDOWS XP and this problem never appear when using
WINDOWS 2K. Now the problem is that FUNCTION Key seems to
be pressed all the time i.e. to type the default
characters of the keypads, I have to press FUNCTION key
simultaneously. If I dont do that the special characters
which should be displayed while pressing FUNCTION key are
displayed. The BIOS version is A14.

Example: If I try to write NOTEBOOK, the result will
be 'N6TEB662'.

Thanx!

More about : dell latitude function key malfunctioning

Anonymous
May 11, 2004 10:18:49 PM

Refer to your manual for how to turn on / turn off num locks

steve

"Zahid" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I HAVE (NOTEBOOK)DELL LATITUDE CPx with WindowsXP(SP1). I
> have problem with the 'FUNCTION' key only while using
> WINDOWS XP and this problem never appear when using
> WINDOWS 2K. Now the problem is that FUNCTION Key seems to
> be pressed all the time i.e. to type the default
> characters of the keypads, I have to press FUNCTION key
> simultaneously. If I dont do that the special characters
> which should be displayed while pressing FUNCTION key are
> displayed. The BIOS version is A14.
>
> Example: If I try to write NOTEBOOK, the result will
> be 'N6TEB662'.
>
> Thanx!
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 11:37:57 PM