Video Problems

Hello,

I'm having trouble updating the video driver on a Toshiba laptop. The video card is an NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go, and currently XP is using the standard VGA driver. When I try to update driver, or even delete the VGA and search for new, I get this message:

"CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE

There was a problem installing this hardware:

NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go (Toshiba)

An error occurred during the installation of the device

The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request."

The driver worked fine on this machine up until about a month ago. I'm thinking it is more a Windows installer problem than a driver problem, but I don't know where to go from here. Any suggestions??

Thanks

The laptop video card is not exactly an NVIDIA cared, it is
probably a Toshiba special driver, see if Toshiba has a
driver update for your computer.

"Gettaklu" <kwhite@rwa.com> wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| I'm having trouble updating the video driver on a Toshiba
laptop. The video card is an NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go, and
currently XP is using the standard VGA driver. When I try
to update driver, or even delete the VGA and search for new,
I get this message:

| "CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE
|
| There was a problem installing this hardware:
|
| NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go (Toshiba)
|
| An error occurred during the installation of the device
|
| The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a
thread exit or an application request."

| The driver worked fine on this machine up until about a
month ago. I'm thinking it is more a Windows installer
problem than a driver problem, but I don't know where to go
from here. Any suggestions??

| Thanks

Thanks for your reply Jim,

The card is indeed a special Toshiba card, and I've tried reloading the original driver as well as downloading an updated one from Toshiba with no luck. I cannot rollback the driver either.

Kevin