PCP800-E Deluxe v. P4C800 Deluxe

nbk

Hi

What is the difference between PCP800-E Deluxe and P4C800 Deluxe? I
read ASUS infor at their website to no avail.

NBK

Paul

Splendid

In article <n4Ktc.2627$Ef3.195915@twister.southeast.rr.com>, NBK
<die@spammer.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> What is the difference between PCP800-E Deluxe and P4C800 Deluxe? I
> read ASUS infor at their website to no avail.
>
> NBK

See the table at the very bottom of this page:

http://www.asuscom.de/support/FAQ/faq117_P4X800.htm

The 875P Northbridge has ECC capability for the DIMMs and
has a 266MB/sec CSA interface to an Intel Ethernet chip. This
offloads the other 266MB/sec interface that feeds the Southbridge
and the PCI bus.

The 865PE Northbridge has fewer pins than the 875P, because the
ECC pins and the CSA pins on the die of the chip are not connected
to the BGA balls. Any Ethernet chips used with this chipset
will sit on the PCI bus.

The 875P chips are also screened (binned) at the factory for
speed, so overclocking efforts are easier (in theory) with
the 875P, than the 865PE. The 848P is the lowest screening,
AFAIK. Of course, all are still guaranteed to work at stock
speed. And, if there are plenty of fast chips, they could
all be equally capable. It really depends on how good the
process is that makes them.

If you don't have a gigabit network for the computer to connect
to, this won't matter. Operation at 100BT Ethernet will have
little effect on the bus.

ICH5R is the same as the ICH5, except that the SATA interfaces can
be run in RAID mode. Again, these chips will have a common die,
and a capability is just turned on in the ICH5R. I'm not aware
of any speed binning for this device.

HTH,
Paul

Dano

The 800-E-Dlx has CSA Gb LAN and Intel SATA raid. It is also much newer
than the original 800-Dlx.