How can I tell what speed my DDR is running at?

xyz

I have just installed a Crucial 512MB 184-PIN DIMM 64Mx64 DDR 3200. How can
I tell which speed my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe motherboard is running it at? What
is the best performance I can expect?

Cheers in advance.

"xyz" <dont@spamme.com> wrote in message
>I have just installed a Crucial 512MB 184-PIN DIMM 64Mx64 DDR 3200. How can
> I tell which speed my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe motherboard is running it at?
> What
> is the best performance I can expect?
>
> Cheers in advance.

You can use this utility (previously called aida32).
http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1&subpage=5

xyz

Thanks, you've just reminded me of the excellent Sandra Program.

"Navid" <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> "xyz" <dont@spamme.com> wrote in message
> >I have just installed a Crucial 512MB 184-PIN DIMM 64Mx64 DDR 3200. How
can
> > I tell which speed my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe motherboard is running it at?
> > What
> > is the best performance I can expect?
> >
> > Cheers in advance.
> >

> You can use this utility (previously called aida32).
> http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1&subpage=5

You could also use CPU-Z (http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php). It gives info on
a.. Processor name and vendor
a.. Core stepping and process
a.. Processor package
a.. Processor current core voltage
a.. Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier
a.. Partial overclock detection
a.. Processor features, including supported instructions sets.
a.. L1 to L3 cache information : location, size, speed, technology.
a.. Motherboard information : name, vendor, BIOS, chipset, memory, AGP.
a.. Memory information : size, type, timings, specifications

Best of all it's free

> Thanks, you've just reminded me of the excellent Sandra Program.
>
> "Navid" <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> >
> > "xyz" <dont@spamme.com> wrote in message
> > >I have just installed a Crucial 512MB 184-PIN DIMM 64Mx64 DDR 3200. How
> can
> > > I tell which speed my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe motherboard is running it at?
> > > What
> > > is the best performance I can expect?
> > >
> > > Cheers in advance.
> > >

> > You can use this utility (previously called aida32).
> > http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1&subpage=5

In article <c9ach3$4e1$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>, xyz <dont@spamme.com>
writes
>Thanks, you've just reminded me of the excellent Sandra Program.

Me too ... and I'm downloading right now.

I like the FAQ page which includes this question :
Q: Sandra seems to behave like a woman ...

The answers are good and healthily sexist!
http://www.sisoftware.net/index.html?dir=qa&location=misc&langx=en&a=
--
Roger Hunt