Kodak DC265 & Explorer

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Windows XP Pro SP1 on Compaq PCs, using a Kodak DC265 camera plugged
directly into USB port. (ie. No card reader)

You can open Windows Explorer but when you click on any drive, folder
or file, Explorer closes down. It only occurs in Explorer, you can use
My Computer without any problem. If I delete the software that came
with the camera, all is OK. If I re-install the software, it happens
again.

There is nothing on the Kodak site about this, any ideas????

John

john.tudor@police.sa.gov.au (John) wrote in message news:<7aee2a81.0405112040.192ac87d@posting.google.com>...
> Windows XP Pro SP1 on Compaq PCs, using a Kodak DC265 camera plugged
> directly into USB port. (ie. No card reader)
>
> You can open Windows Explorer but when you click on any drive, folder
> or file, Explorer closes down. It only occurs in Explorer, you can use
> My Computer without any problem. If I delete the software that came
> with the camera, all is OK. If I re-install the software, it happens
> again.
>
> There is nothing on the Kodak site about this, any ideas????
>

> John

The Kodak Software (that comes with the camera) for some reason causes
the Explorer window to close. Uninstalling the Kodak software should
fix the problem. To transfer pictures use your USB cable and use the
Windows Scanner and Camera wizard.

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Sounds like the camera Kodak driver software is pre SP1 compatable only.
(Older model camera, etc.)