Theme Generator for ipaq H5550??

June 10, 2004 5:43:29 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a Theme generator like the "microsoft theme
generator" available anywhere for use with the ipaq h5550?
The microsoft one only seems to work with 2002 operating systems and the
ipaq is 2003.

TIA

David
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 5:43:30 PM

"David B" <Dab67@dab67.dabsol.co.uk> wrote in news:ueXr5huTEHA.3752
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a Theme generator like the "microsoft theme
> generator" available anywhere for use with the ipaq h5550?
> The microsoft one only seems to work with 2002 operating systems and the
> ipaq is 2003.
>
> TIA
>
> David

The themes will work. You just can't have the auto transfer function. Save
the .tsk file to your PC and copy it to the PPC.
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 1:12:03 AM

Hello,

Thanks for answering, I did find this out this afternoon while messing
around and still searching the forums.
I found that I could just copy the files in my documents themes folder, then
paste them into the windows folder on my XDA, and they are working :0)

I do have a further question though, is there a way to further alter these
themes, I know you have the basic settings when you use the generator, but
is there some way to access the files to fonts etc?
I've got a nice theme going at them moment but the Start menu list is in
white letters and hard to see, and I can't see a setting for that? I'm
wondering if there is some way of opening the file to edit the program like
you do with webpages in html?

I'm a novice on this sort of thing so be gentle!

Thanks for the help

David

"Asher N" <compguy666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "David B" <Dab67@dab67.dabsol.co.uk> wrote in news:ueXr5huTEHA.3752
> @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is a Theme generator like the "microsoft theme
> > generator" available anywhere for use with the ipaq h5550?
> > The microsoft one only seems to work with 2002 operating systems and the
> > ipaq is 2003.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > David
> >

> The themes will work. You just can't have the auto transfer function. Save
> the .tsk file to your PC and copy it to the PPC.
June 11, 2004 1:12:04 AM

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for answering, I did find this out this afternoon while messing
> around and still searching the forums.
> I found that I could just copy the files in my documents themes
> folder, then paste them into the windows folder on my XDA, and they
> are working :0)
>
> I do have a further question though, is there a way to further alter
> these themes, I know you have the basic settings when you use the
> generator, but is there some way to access the files to fonts etc?
> I've got a nice theme going at them moment but the Start menu list is
> in white letters and hard to see, and I can't see a setting for that?
> I'm wondering if there is some way of opening the file to edit the
> program like you do with webpages in html?
>
> I'm a novice on this sort of thing so be gentle!
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> David
>

> "Asher N" <compguy666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "David B" <Dab67@dab67.dabsol.co.uk> wrote in news:ueXr5huTEHA.3752
>> @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Does anyone know if there is a Theme generator like the "microsoft
>> > theme generator" available anywhere for use with the ipaq h5550?
>> > The microsoft one only seems to work with 2002 operating systems
>> > and the ipaq is 2003.
>> >
>> > TIA
>> >
>> > David
>> >

>> The themes will work. You just can't have the auto transfer function.
>> Save the .tsk file to your PC and copy it to the PPC.

The Theme Generator wil not let you change the Start Menu font colors.
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 11:23:33 AM

Hello again,

Sorted it now, bought "ThemeMaker Pro Plus PT" and can create my themes and
put them on both my ipaq and my XDAII so very happy bunny now.
The good thing is I can also change the font colours for the things like the
start menu etc.

Thanks

!