wireless network connection icon

I have zero, no, icon, running XP, the pci adapter and router are working
fine and I can't CREATE A NETWORK!! I've been reading and searching for
three nights and just about at wit's end. Any assistiance would make me
eternally grateful! (Using Linksys router and PCI).
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless network connection icon

    Greetings Cocoano,

    Please see the following MS KB Article.

    How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313242

    ________________
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    "Cocoano" <Cocoano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have zero, no, icon, running XP, the pci adapter and router are working
    > fine and I can't CREATE A NETWORK!! I've been reading and searching for
    > three nights and just about at wit's end. Any assistiance would make me
    > eternally grateful! (Using Linksys router and PCI).
    > Thanks

    I have the exact same problem. The MS KB article referenced is of no use as
    my router drivers are up to date, but the icon still fails to appear.

    I hope we get a better answer . . .

    "Eric Cross [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings Cocoano,
    >
    > Please see the following MS KB Article.
    >
    > How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313242
    >
    > ________________
    > Eric Cross
    > Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >

    > "Cocoano" <Cocoano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have zero, no, icon, running XP, the pci adapter and router are working
    > > fine and I can't CREATE A NETWORK!! I've been reading and searching for
    > > three nights and just about at wit's end. Any assistiance would make me
    > > eternally grateful! (Using Linksys router and PCI).
    > > Thanks

    LaneNem: I got no where with any kind of help. Talked to our IT guy at work
    and he said trying installing it in a different slot (as perhaps the one I
    chose was already addressed a certain way---and I'm not experienced enough to
    start playing in my Bios settings). So I did that and voila!! It started up
    properly with "found new hardware and the proper icon and everything. Let me
    know if it works for you. It's really such a "duh" solution it's hard to
    believe with all the time I spent searching and chatting with professionals
    that no one thought of it...Good luck!

    "LaneNem" wrote:

    > I have the exact same problem. The MS KB article referenced is of no use as
    > my router drivers are up to date, but the icon still fails to appear.
    >
    > I hope we get a better answer . . .
    >
    > "Eric Cross [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > Greetings Cocoano,
    > >
    > > Please see the following MS KB Article.
    > >
    > > How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313242
    > >
    > > ________________
    > > Eric Cross
    > > Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > >

    > > "Cocoano" <Cocoano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >I have zero, no, icon, running XP, the pci adapter and router are working
    > > > fine and I can't CREATE A NETWORK!! I've been reading and searching for
    > > > three nights and just about at wit's end. Any assistiance would make me
    > > > eternally grateful! (Using Linksys router and PCI).
    > > > Thanks

Wireless Network Wireless Networking