Closed

CD Burner won't eject

May 12, 2004 8:23:21 PM

Hi,
I seem to have a problem with my CD drive. After burning a CD using the
Window XP burning wizard, the CD will eject but if you close the tray to
verify that the data was copied correctly, the tray will not open again and
the only way to remove the CD is either the manual eject or restart the
computer. Computer and burner details are given below. Thanks in advance
for the help.
Brad

CD Burner: Sony CDRW CRX175E
OS: Windows XP Professional:

More about : burner eject

May 12, 2004 8:23:22 PM

/Brad Palmer/ said:

> I seem to have a problem with my CD drive. After burning a CD using the
> Window XP burning wizard, the CD will eject but if you close the tray to
> verify that the data was copied correctly, the tray will not open again and
> the only way to remove the CD is either the manual eject or restart the
> computer. Computer and burner details are given below. Thanks in advance
> for the help.
> Brad
>
> CD Burner: Sony CDRW CRX175E
> OS: Windows XP Professional:

After the CD is verified, try using FILE|EJECT function from within the
player program instead of pressing the EJECT button, or
right-clicking|EJECT in Windows Explorer. That _may_ prove more successful.

If the drive still hangs, press the Windows key (the one with the flag)
and the PAUSE key simultaneously. Click the HARDWARE tab|DEVICE MANAGER
button and locate the DVD/CD ROM branch...

Click the + sign, to see the CD device itself. Right-click on the device
name. Click DISABLE (not UNinstall). Wait until that operation
completes, then click ENABLE. Now see if the disk will eject.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

Did you get this 6 year old problem fixed? I am having the same exact issues! Bought/installed a new CDRW/DVDRW, same issues.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 7, 2010 3:06:16 AM

Necro thread. If you have a question, please start your own thread.
September 7, 2010 3:06:21 AM

This topic has been closed by Aford10
!