Tanner

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2002

When Using USB 2.0 Devices. I get error that reads HI-
SPEED USB device attatched to non-HI-SPEED port. The
recommendation is to add a HI-SPEED USB host controller.
How do I do this? Also is this the right step in order to
getting my USB 2.0 to work?

diaz

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

When Using USB 2.0 Devices. I get error that reads HI-
SPEED USB device attatched to non-HI-SPEED port. The
recommendation is to add a HI-SPEED USB host controller.
How do I do this? Also is this the right step in order to
getting my USB 2.0 to work.

Easy your computer does not support usb 2.0 first of all. 2.0 usb is not software. is hardware. buy a pcmcia adapter III and you're ready to use 2.0 high speed. " you'll spend 30 bucks"

If you are using a desktop machine you will need to purchase and install a
USB 2.0 card and ensure you have the WinXP SP1 update installed as this
update has the USB2.0 drivers.

If you have a laptop you will need to purchase a PC Card (PCMCIA). IF you
are buying a PC Card you should buy one with an external power supply. You
also need the SP1 update.

"Tanner" <tanmansprinter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When Using USB 2.0 Devices. I get error that reads HI-
> SPEED USB device attatched to non-HI-SPEED port. The
> recommendation is to add a HI-SPEED USB host controller.
> How do I do this? Also is this the right step in order to
> getting my USB 2.0 to work?

dude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ask Sony as you seem unwilling to supply the model type here..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:10:10 -0500, Dude wrote:

> Hi I have a 2003 sony notebook, and I want to get an Ipod. The dude at
> the store says I need a 2.0 USB. I am looking all over and don't know
> if I have it.

The specs for your system should state whether your USB is 2.0 or not. If
you don't have a manual handy to look these up, you should be able to find
the information online at the Sony site.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Quick check: Plug a device (such as a USB thumbdrive) that you know is USB
2.0 into your USB port. If you don't get the "Hi-speed device" warning, you
have a USB 2.0 port.

courtney

"Dude" <Dude.1qvnhm@news.nospam.local> wrote in message

> Hi I have a 2003 sony notebook, and I want to get an Ipod. The dude at
> the store says I need a 2.0 USB. I am looking all over and don't know
> if I have it.
>

> --
> Dude
> Dude's Profile: