Howdy,

I just installed HL2 and CS:S and am having a strange video problem while
playing CS:S. All the highlights in the light sources look like little
white boxes with an X in the center that I can see thru walls and accross
the map.

My system is:

Athlon XP 1800+
512MB ram
Prolink FX 5200
Windows 2k pro
DX9c
66.93 forceware drivers

Anyone heard of this?

"Paladin3" <none> wrote in message
> Howdy,
>
> I just installed HL2 and CS:S and am having a strange video problem while
> playing CS:S. All the highlights in the light sources look like little
> white boxes with an X in the center that I can see thru walls and accross
> the map.

All I can tell you is that those drivers work fine on my 6800 ultra and I have
never seen the bug you describe. Could be you DX8 compatible card.

Paladin3 <none> wrote in news:Xns9606E4F54FF47Memyhousecom@63.218.45.46:

> Howdy,
>
> I just installed HL2 and CS:S and am having a strange video problem
> while playing CS:S. All the highlights in the light sources look like
> little white boxes with an X in the center that I can see thru walls
> and accross the map.
>
> My system is:
>
> Athlon XP 1800+
> 512MB ram
> Prolink FX 5200
> Windows 2k pro
> DX9c
> 66.93 forceware drivers
>
> Anyone heard of this?

More info:

A .jpg showing the bug is here: http://home.comcast.net/
~rshveyda/cssvideobug.jpg

I tried running DX9, DX8.1, DX8 and DX7, all with the same results. No
luck. Could I be missing a texture that's causing this problem? My
console messages look like this after running the video stress test..

1 CPU, Frequency: 1.5 Ghz, Features: AuthenticAMD SSE MMX 3DNow RDTSC CMOV
FCMOV
execing valve.rc
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_cz
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_cz
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_cs
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_dod
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_tfc
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_dmc
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_opfor
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_ric
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_hl
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_dedicated
maxplayers set to 1
execing game.cfg
Spawn Server test_hardware
Begin loading faces (loads materials)
End loading faces (loads materials)
execing skill1.cfg
Executing listen server config file
Error: Material "models/shadertest/shader4" : proxy "AnimatedTexture"
unable to initialize!
Error: Material "models/shadertest/shader3" : proxy "TextureScroll" unable
to initialize!
Error parsing 'BotProfile.db' - invalid template reference
'p_an_eye_on_the_bomb.wav'
Game started
couldn't exec listenserver.cfg
Initializing renderer...