Upgrade to Pro, memory stick reader does not work

Just recently, I upgraded to XP Pro. I have a Sony Memory
stick reader that worked fine with XP Home, but now my PC
will not recognize it. I have tried using the CD to load
drivers, nothing seems to make it work. Please help.
1 answer Last reply
More about upgrade memory stick reader work

    Download SP1 if you have not already done so. (While you're
    at it, do all the critical updates).

    Unplug all the USB devices.

    Open the device manager and delete the USB ports and hubs
    and reboot, that should restore the USB hubs and ports. then
    reinstall your devices one at a time.

    "konradsmom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:c04001c43831$dd7d5cf0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
    | Just recently, I upgraded to XP Pro. I have a Sony Memory
    | stick reader that worked fine with XP Home, but now my PC
    | will not recognize it. I have tried using the CD to load
    | drivers, nothing seems to make it work. Please help.

Memory Windows XP