James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

plug in a high speed usb device and see if windows xp says high speed device
plugged into non high speed port

If its a couple years old, chances are it doesn't, espcially if its a cheap
dell or hp or something

"Adam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can anyone tell me how i can tell if my computer supports
> USB 2.0?
>
> thanks,
> adam

diaz

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

first of all: 1.1 is built in computer as well as 2.0 high speed, but usually not all pc's have 2.0 built in, but if you don't have it. simple buy a pcmcia adapter and you're ready to use 2.0 high speed USB. "29 dollars"
'

If your are using a XP based PC, then in Device Manager, under USB, you
should see an "enhanced" controller. If you do, you may have a USB 2.0
controller. Just make sure you install the SP1 so as to have the USB 2.0
drivers.

Y.

"Adam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can anyone tell me how i can tell if my computer supports
> USB 2.0?
>
> thanks,
> adam

woody