I dropped a brand new Laptop and the Disply has just gone
Blank, please help me on how i can get it back, i drpped
it on the carpet so am assuming nothing major has been
damaged. The laptop is a Toshiba

I would first call Toshiba to see if they can help you. It sounds like the display may be damaged internally.

There should be a plug for you to plug a monitor into the laptop. If the
External monitor works you will have probably narrowed down there problem to
the screen.