USB Portable Hard Disk

I've just bought a USBTech portable disk for use on my XP
system. I can connect it, format it, and see it in
Computer Management but I can't see it through My
Computer, or Windows Explorer. I can copy files on my C:
drive and paste (after exploring new drive under Computer
Management) but can't see why My Computer won't pick it
up. Anyone help please?
3 answers Last reply
More about portable hard disk

    Try installing the drivers for this piece of hardware. It should come with
    drivers or if it did not, go to the Web site of the disk manufacture and
    search for drivers there. If no drivers is available, search there for known
    problems and their solutions.

    I hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Yuriy

    "Allan Nicholles" <a.nicholles@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > I've just bought a USBTech portable disk for use on my XP
    > system. I can connect it, format it, and see it in
    > Computer Management but I can't see it through My
    > Computer, or Windows Explorer. I can copy files on my C:
    > drive and paste (after exploring new drive under Computer
    > Management) but can't see why My Computer won't pick it
    > up. Anyone help please?

    Thanks but I've tried to install the drivers that came
    with it but there weren't any better ones than already
    installed. Their web page doesn't have a download section
    or a known problems section

    I'm pretty sure the problem is in Windows XP because this
    product works fine on a Windows 2000 system

    I have the same problem. The USB disk works fine on XP Home (2 different machines) and Win98, but not on XP Prof. When I try to install the drivers that came with it, XP complains they have not been certified, so it installs its own.

    Help!

    ----- Allan Nicholles wrote: -----

    Thanks but I've tried to install the drivers that came
    with it but there weren't any better ones than already
    installed. Their web page doesn't have a download section
    or a known problems section

    I'm pretty sure the problem is in Windows XP because this
    product works fine on a Windows 2000 system

Computers Management Windows XP