HP 6110 reinstall after reboot

I have Windows 2000 Prof. and Word 2000.
I have IE Version 6
I have a HP 6110xi all in one - Printer, FAX, Copier, Scanner.
I am also on ADSL.
When I need to reboot my computer, as in completing a Microsoft update for
example, the device needs to be re-installed.
To do a complete job, I have to uninstall it, then go through the
installation with the CD they supplied. Bummer!!!
HP says that they do not have the self-extracting utility for this. I told
them that it seemed strange that a large outfit like HP did not have it. I
also told them that my old Epson used the self-extracting system. No
further response from them.
Is there some hidden exe file that could be used to install this device?

I have the same printer but no problems when I reboot

I have xp home and office 2000

"ARTHUR DYCK" <adyke@telus.net> wrote in message
: I have Windows 2000 Prof. and Word 2000.
: I have IE Version 6
: I have a HP 6110xi all in one - Printer, FAX, Copier, Scanner.
: I am also on ADSL.
: When I need to reboot my computer, as in completing a Microsoft update for
: example, the device needs to be re-installed.
: To do a complete job, I have to uninstall it, then go through the
: installation with the CD they supplied. Bummer!!!
: HP says that they do not have the self-extracting utility for this. I
told
: them that it seemed strange that a large outfit like HP did not have it.
: also told them that my old Epson used the self-extracting system. No
: further response from them.
: Is there some hidden exe file that could be used to install this device?
:
:
:

Does this mean that there is an automatic reinstall without you doing
anything special???