JJ

IBM 2153 upgraded win 98 to XP my sony cd rom and tdk with nero worked before I installed XP. In device manager it reads that both have the same drivers and I'm wondering if I need to change the drivers. My Cd rom came with the IBM
about 7 years ago. I can't believe I'm the only person that has this problem, I have looked all over the net for help and not much help from NERO or TDK they just say to download newer version updates which I did. I get "NO SEEK COMPLETE"
errors or burner errors. Can anyone help me.

uninstall the drivers that are in windows for the cd rom drives.

then do an auto detct hardware and let xp install drivers again.

if this doesn't fix the issue.....

use add/remove programs and remove the burning software and then re-install and then reboot and then patch for xp