floppy drive error message (a: is not accessable, incorrec..

Hi I just loaded a new version of XP home on my computer.
I am trying to acess my floppy drive and get the message
(a:\ is not accessable, incorrect function) Could you
please tell me how to correct this so I can use my floppy
to updare my bios.
Thanks Much !
Best Regards ! Gary
1 answer Last reply
More about floppy drive error message accessable incorrec

    Gary, rt click on MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager.
    Rt click on Floppy Disk Controller and Floppy Disk Drive and uninstall
    both. Restart and let XP reinstall them.
    "Gary" <gdicenso@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Hi I just loaded a new version of XP home on my computer.
    > I am trying to acess my floppy drive and get the message
    > (a:\ is not accessable, incorrect function) Could you
    > please tell me how to correct this so I can use my floppy
    > to updare my bios.
    > Thanks Much !
    > Best Regards ! Gary

Floppy Disk Error Message Windows XP