floppy drive error message (a: is not accessable, incorrec..

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi I just loaded a new version of XP home on my computer.
I am trying to acess my floppy drive and get the message
(a:\ is not accessable, incorrect function) Could you
please tell me how to correct this so I can use my floppy
to updare my bios.
Thanks Much !
Best Regards ! Gary

Gary, rt click on MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager.
Rt click on Floppy Disk Controller and Floppy Disk Drive and uninstall
both. Restart and let XP reinstall them.