Problem with audio

Can anyone help me out? I am running Windows XP home
edition and had to reformat the hard drive from ground
level. Ever since then I don't have any sound except what
little beeps come out of the CPU. I have a flat screen
monitor with built in speakers. The device manager lists
my sound driver as an Avance logic AC97 v.5 driver.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Michael
1 answer Last reply
More about problem audio

    /Michael Hurst/ said:

    > Can anyone help me out? I am running Windows XP home
    > edition and had to reformat the hard drive from ground
    > level. Ever since then I don't have any sound except what
    > little beeps come out of the CPU. I have a flat screen
    > monitor with built in speakers. The device manager lists
    > my sound driver as an Avance logic AC97 v.5 driver.

    Check this first...
    http://kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm

    "Where did my sound go?"

    --