xp pro wireless disconnects regularly

I have a small home network with a wireless router. Almost daily the laptop
with xp pro does not "automatically" connect even though it shows that the
wireless card is up and running. I have to go to "view wireless network,
advanced, and then select wireless networks... and select ....Use windows to
configure . the next day it is unchecked and i start over again.

Any thing I can do to keep that selected all the time. so that I don't lose
the connection?

thanks

Janice F. Jorgensen

Janice F. Jorgensen

This can occur if your SSID is not beeing broadcasted. It has also been
known to happen when you have a weak signal, or an unreliable nic driver. If
you install your diagnostic utility for the wireless card, chances are this
will take care of your problem.

The Diag programs do a much better job then the default windows. However SP2
has improved it greatly.