Help needed - Active Sync and Outlook

June 10, 2004 3:17:36 PM

I am using a Pocket PC 5555, and I just installed the latest ROM image. I
have Active Sync V. 7.1 and Outlook 2002 SP3 installed.
I have been having intermittent trouble connecting with the USB cradle, so
instead I have been syncing using WI-FI, and since the ROM upgrade, whenever
I sync, I get a dialog box saying, "A program is trying to access the e-mail
addresses stored in Outlook" and asking if I will allow it for a specified
period of time.
I understand the reasons for this heightened security, but ther ought to be
a setting that allows Active Sync to access the Outlook data automatically,
I just haven't found it yet. Can anyone help me?

Walt
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 6:04:29 PM

Basically this is caused by Outlook and as far as I know cannot be changed.
You can ask the question in the Outlook newsgroup, but a google group search
indicates that no one has posted anything different than what I have said.
See also, http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/apps.htm

"Walt Scrivens" <walts@nospam.ci.boca-raton.fl.us> wrote in message
> I am using a Pocket PC 5555, and I just installed the latest ROM image. I
> have Active Sync V. 7.1 and Outlook 2002 SP3 installed.
> I have been having intermittent trouble connecting with the USB cradle, so
> instead I have been syncing using WI-FI, and since the ROM upgrade,
whenever
> I sync, I get a dialog box saying, "A program is trying to access the
e-mail
> addresses stored in Outlook" and asking if I will allow it for a specified
> period of time.
> I understand the reasons for this heightened security, but ther ought to
be
> a setting that allows Active Sync to access the Outlook data
automatically,
> I just haven't found it yet. Can anyone help me?
>
> Walt

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 4:58:47 AM

Reply to message from "Walt Scrivens" <walts@nospam.ci.boca-raton.fl.us> (Fri, 11 Jun 2004 02:17:36) about "Help needed - Active Sync and Outlook":
upgrade ActiveSync!

Bye
BillR <billr@removethisbitmvps.org>
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 00:41:13 +1100

I am using a Pocket PC 5555, and I just installed the latest ROM image. I
have Active Sync V. 7.1 and Outlook 2002 SP3 installed.
I have been having intermittent trouble connecting with the USB cradle, so
instead I have been syncing using WI-FI, and since the ROM upgrade, whenever
I sync, I get a dialog box saying, "A program is trying to access the e-mail
addresses stored in Outlook" and asking if I will allow it for a specified
period of time.
I understand the reasons for this heightened security, but ther ought to be
a setting that allows Active Sync to access the Outlook data automatically,
I just haven't found it yet. Can anyone help me?

Walt
June 16, 2004 7:43:31 AM

I have the same problem that Microsoft just says install the latest
Active Sync which I have done but doesn't make any diference.

The strange thing is I have several users with Office XP SP3 and
Active Sync 3.7.1 and only some have this problem. I don't have this
problem but I have 3 or so that do have this problem, and around 15
other users that haven't reported this issue.

The PC's are all built by landesk images so should be identical
software wise.

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop this message
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 10:14:24 AM

I experienced a similar problem with another application on a machine and I
think the changes were required on the Exchange server. I'll check with our
Exchange administrator to see if he can remember exactly what had to be
changed.

!