A7n8X-e deluxe bios

Hello,

reading some of the posts here, it seems Asus have realized a 1009, even a
1010 bios for venerable A7n8X-e deluxe.

Looking at the Global Asus site, last bios is still 1008.

Where do u guys have found this new bioses?
8 answers Last reply
More about a7n8x deluxe bios

    Don't look for them. Asus has withdrawn them for godd reasons.
    I know. I ruined a CPU with version 1010.

    Bitstring <2gkvc.154666$Ca5.2172785@wagner.videotron.net>, from the
    wonderful person Natéag <nono@nowhere.ca> said
    >Don't look for them. Asus has withdrawn them for godd reasons.
    >I know. I ruined a CPU with version 1010.

    Seconded. IMO you do NOT flash a new BIOS unless a) you have problems
    with the old one and b) you have some reason to believe the new one
    fixes the problems you have. Anything else is just plain dumb - not as
    dumb as Russian Roulette, but headed in that direction..

    Since the OP can't find the 1009 or 1010 BIOS he can't have any idea
    what they might have fixed (even if he has some problems worth fixing)
    ... and as we all know, being ASUS, they are quite likely to have broken
    something.

    Not to mention the 0.x% possibility of a total mis-flash and a dead
    board.

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can

    Il Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:05:04 -0400, Natéag ha scritto:

    > Don't look for them. Asus has withdrawn them for godd reasons.
    > I know. I ruined a CPU with version 1010.

    Good god!!!

    Can u please tell more details about this CPU mess with version 1010?

    PS: I'm just curious, my system is rock solid with bios 1008, no need for
    a new bios

    Barton 2500@185x155
    1024 Kingston PC2700 Value ram
    2x160GB Maxtor 8MB cache HD Raid0 on Sataraid

    Il Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:48:48 +0200, _P_e_ar_lALegend ha scritto:

    > Il Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:05:04 -0400, Natéag ha scritto:
    >
    >> Don't look for them. Asus has withdrawn them for godd reasons.
    >> I know. I ruined a CPU with version 1010.
    >>
    > Good god!!!
    >
    > Can u please tell more details about this CPU mess with version 1010?
    >
    > PS: I'm just curious, my system is rock solid with bios 1008, no need for
    > a new bios

    Oooops, error:

    Barton 2500@ 185 x 185 FSB and Mem in sync! :-)
    1024 Kingston PC2700 Value ram
    I run them in 2-2-2-5 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM, fast like hell :-)
    2x160GB Maxtor 8MB cache HD Raid0 on Sataraid soooooo fast too

    I like this motherboard (my previous was A7v133 (very good too)

    I just found the 1010 bios at this address for people interested:

    ftp://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-e/

    No release notes :-(((

    Any idea whats new in it?

    In article <pan.2004.06.02.20.00.38.583419@leg.it>, _P_e_ar_lALegend
    <end_6@leg.it> wrote:

    > Il Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:48:48 +0200, _P_e_ar_lALegend ha scritto:
    >
    > > Il Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:05:04 -0400, Natéag ha scritto:
    > >
    > >> Don't look for them. Asus has withdrawn them for godd reasons.
    > >> I know. I ruined a CPU with version 1010.
    > >>
    > > Good god!!!
    > >
    > > Can u please tell more details about this CPU mess with version 1010?
    > >
    > > PS: I'm just curious, my system is rock solid with bios 1008, no need for
    > > a new bios
    > >
    > Oooops, error:
    >
    > Barton 2500@ 185 x 185 FSB and Mem in sync! :-)
    > 1024 Kingston PC2700 Value ram
    > I run them in 2-2-2-5 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM, fast like hell :-)
    > 2x160GB Maxtor 8MB cache HD Raid0 on Sataraid soooooo fast too
    >
    > I like this motherboard (my previous was A7v133 (very good too)
    >
    > I just found the 1010 bios at this address for people interested:
    >
    > ftp://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-e/
    >
    > No release notes :-(((
    >
    > Any idea whats new in it?

    You could check on nforcershq.com for some comments on those
    two BIOS. I think they have some improperly installed RAID
    BIOS code in them, as someone hacked the two BIOS, replaced
    the RAID BIOS portion, and then the BIOS worked. But like the
    other posters have pointed out, the experiment has been done,
    and 1009 and 1010 are not to be used, no matter where you
    find them. And personally, I wouldn't be touching 1011 whenever
    it comes out either :-( Wait for someone else to test it,
    preferably someone with a BIOS Savior, in case a newer BIOS
    is also bad. If your 1008 works with no probs, be happy.

    Paul

    nospam@needed.com (Paul) schrieb:

    >You could check on nforcershq.com for some comments on those
    >two BIOS. I think they have some improperly installed RAID
    >BIOS code in them, as someone hacked the two BIOS, replaced
    >the RAID BIOS portion, and then the BIOS worked. But like the
    >other posters have pointed out, the experiment has been done,
    >and 1009 and 1010 are not to be used, no matter where you
    >find them. And personally, I wouldn't be touching 1011 whenever
    >it comes out either :-( Wait for someone else to test it,
    >preferably someone with a BIOS Savior, in case a newer BIOS
    >is also bad. If your 1008 works with no probs, be happy.

    My board has been delivered with 1009. And I'm having some power down
    problems with it. I wrote about in another thread. Should I go back to
    1008? I would make a backup copy before of course.

    Hans

    In article <g2msb01r5mctedp1up790n25et0tc0in66@4ax.com>, Hans J. Ude
    <hajue.ude@arcor.de> wrote:

    > nospam@needed.com (Paul) schrieb:
    >
    > >You could check on nforcershq.com for some comments on those
    > >two BIOS. I think they have some improperly installed RAID
    > >BIOS code in them, as someone hacked the two BIOS, replaced
    > >the RAID BIOS portion, and then the BIOS worked. But like the
    > >other posters have pointed out, the experiment has been done,
    > >and 1009 and 1010 are not to be used, no matter where you
    > >find them. And personally, I wouldn't be touching 1011 whenever
    > >it comes out either :-( Wait for someone else to test it,
    > >preferably someone with a BIOS Savior, in case a newer BIOS
    > >is also bad. If your 1008 works with no probs, be happy.
    >
    > My board has been delivered with 1009. And I'm having some power down
    > problems with it. I wrote about in another thread. Should I go back to
    > 1008? I would make a backup copy before of course.
    >
    > Hans

    I don't know if you saw my answer to your original post or not.
    I propose you use the power monitor in the BIOS, to watch what
    happens to the system parameters just before the machine shuts
    off. That might give you an idea as to where the problem is.

    You could have a CPU overheat problem, so watch the CPU temperature.
    The PSU could be shutting off, and you might notice the voltages
    from the PSU going out of spec. The CPU draws its power from
    the +5V rail (as far as I know on an Athlon board), so watch
    if the +5V is a lot lower than normal.

    Don't be in too much of a rush to flash the BIOS. Every flash
    comes with a degree of risk of a flash failure. Flashing from
    a floppy is safer than flashing from Windows. But now, think
    about this - if your computer is not stable - say you start to
    flash and the computer shuts down before you are finished.
    What will you do then, when the flash chip is corrupted ?

    Do some investigation first, before jumping to conclusions.
    If this was my problem, and I didn't have recourse to any
    measurement tools at all, I would start by removing the CPU
    heatsink, and applying fresh thermal paste. I would make sure
    the heatsink was installed properly, not tilted or rotated
    from the proper position. The square of metal on the bottom
    of the heatsink should align with the center of the silicon
    die - if it doesn't align, then figure out why.

    After improving the contact between HSF and CPU, if there was
    no improvement in symptoms, then it would be time to try
    another power supply.

    BIOS flashing should only be attempted if the computer is
    completely stable. An unstable system is a poor candidate
    for flashing. Just like, don't attempt flashing during a
    thunder storm :-) The power will go off in the middle of
    flashing for sure.

    HTH,
    Paul

    >> I just found the 1010 bios at this address for people interested:
    >>
    >> ftp://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-e/
    >>
    >> No release notes :-(((
    >>
    >> Any idea whats new in it?
    >>
    > You could check on nforcershq.com for some comments on those
    > two BIOS. I think they have some improperly installed RAID
    > BIOS code in them, as someone hacked the two BIOS, replaced
    > the RAID BIOS portion, and then the BIOS worked.

    My 1008 bios is a tweaked bios too, becouse I personally replaced
    SilconImage SataRAID bios with new version (.47).

    It is simple, and improved Raid performance.

    I just not understand people disappointed by this motherboard: it's top
    class stability and performance and I'm also surprised to read bad
    comments about Asus Bioses: I'm using Asus starting from 80486 boards and
    they always are a step above the competitors.

Asus BIOS Motherboards