My CDROM... Buummmm!

Hi I just loaded a new version of XP home on my computer.
I am trying to acess my CDROM drive and get the message
(a:\ is not accessable, incorrect function) Could you
please tell me how to correct this so I can use my CDROM
Thanks Much !
Best Regards !
XKermit
1 answer Last reply
More about cdrom buummmm

    Did you do an Upgrade or a New Install? Does your Floppy Drive work? Rt
    click on MyComputer>select
    Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>Dvd/Cdrom Drives. rt click on yours and
    choose Uninstall. Restart and let XP reinstall it.
    "XKermit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I just loaded a new version of XP home on my computer.
    > I am trying to acess my CDROM drive and get the message
    > (a:\ is not accessable, incorrect function) Could you
    > please tell me how to correct this so I can use my CDROM
    > Thanks Much !
    > Best Regards !
    > XKermit

Windows XP