Would flashing the P4S333 convert the USB 1.1 to 2.0?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 2, 2004 9:45:08 PM

If flashing the motherboard is not an option to update the USB to 2.0, is
there anything else I can do to get the 2.0 speed to 2 devices I just
purchased (monitor & printer) ?

Is replacing the motherboard the only way I can get 2.0 USB speed to these
devices?

I hope someone can help me with this, it's such a shame that I'm reduced to
1.1 when the device is ready for 2.0.
Thanks so much!
katy
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 3, 2004 3:09:49 AM

Flashing the motherboard will not provide a USB 2.0 controller for your
computer, which is what you are missing.
You CAN buy a USB 2.0 PCI card ($40) and install it in an empty PCI slot in
your computer and then install the included driver and you should be set.

--
DaveW

"Katy" <fairytale_4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If flashing the motherboard is not an option to update the USB to 2.0, is
> there anything else I can do to get the 2.0 speed to 2 devices I just
> purchased (monitor & printer) ?
>
> Is replacing the motherboard the only way I can get 2.0 USB speed to these
> devices?
>
> I hope someone can help me with this, it's such a shame that I'm reduced
> 1.1 when the device is ready for 2.0.
> Thanks so much!
> katy

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 3, 2004 4:52:57 AM

Katy wrote:

> If flashing the motherboard is not an option to update the USB to 2.0, is
> there anything else I can do to get the 2.0 speed to 2 devices I just
> purchased (monitor & printer) ?

No

> Is replacing the motherboard the only way I can get 2.0 USB speed to these
> devices?

Buy a USB2.0 PCI Card like this:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

Christian

--
"Was gibts heute eigentlich in der Mensa?"
"Is mir egal - das entscheide ich dann zur Laufzeit"

Thanks Dave and Christian! The problem is solved thanks to YOU,
THANKS!...... katy

!