Would flashing the P4S333 convert the USB 1.1 to 2.0?

If flashing the motherboard is not an option to update the USB to 2.0, is
there anything else I can do to get the 2.0 speed to 2 devices I just
purchased (monitor & printer) ?

Is replacing the motherboard the only way I can get 2.0 USB speed to these
devices?

I hope someone can help me with this, it's such a shame that I'm reduced to
1.1 when the device is ready for 2.0.
Thanks so much!
katy
3 answers Last reply
More about would flashing p4s333 convert

    Flashing the motherboard will not provide a USB 2.0 controller for your
    computer, which is what you are missing.
    You CAN buy a USB 2.0 PCI card ($40) and install it in an empty PCI slot in
    your computer and then install the included driver and you should be set.

    --
    DaveW

    Katy wrote:

    > If flashing the motherboard is not an option to update the USB to 2.0, is
    > there anything else I can do to get the 2.0 speed to 2 devices I just
    > purchased (monitor & printer) ?

    No

    > Is replacing the motherboard the only way I can get 2.0 USB speed to these
    > devices?

    Buy a USB2.0 PCI Card like this:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=15-104-801&depa=1

    Christian

    --
    "Was gibts heute eigentlich in der Mensa?"
    "Is mir egal - das entscheide ich dann zur Laufzeit"

    Thanks Dave and Christian! The problem is solved thanks to YOU,
    THANKS!...... katy

    > Flashing the motherboard will not provide a USB 2.0 controller for your
    > computer, which is what you are missing.
    > You CAN buy a USB 2.0 PCI card ($40) and install it in an empty PCI slot
    in
    > your computer and then install the included driver and you should be set.
    >
    > --
    > DaveW
    >

    > "Katy" <fairytale_4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > If flashing the motherboard is not an option to update the USB to 2.0,
    is
    > > there anything else I can do to get the 2.0 speed to 2 devices I just
    > > purchased (monitor & printer) ?
    > >
    > > Is replacing the motherboard the only way I can get 2.0 USB speed to
    these
    > > devices?
    > >
    > > I hope someone can help me with this, it's such a shame that I'm reduced
    > > 1.1 when the device is ready for 2.0.
    > > Thanks so much!
    > > katy

Asus Devices USB Motherboards Product